• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

7 modern comptuer games for PC (2 are DVD-ROM)

Well, for one thing, you seem to have fat-fingered the wrong key(s) when you typed in the shipping cost.<BEG>

Seriously though, you need to edit the auction listing to reflect the fact that you are selling one bundle of seven games. The way it's worded now, it says that you have seven sets of the seven games available (or do you?)...
If you're trying to sell them individually, you really need to make seven different auctions, else, edit the price to reflect the $15.00 per game that you want for them.

Also, mebbe save yourself a few annoying questions by putting in the media type each game includes, and perhaps the minimum spec machine necessary to run each. You're asking kind of a premium price for these, and any interested bidder will want to know if they can use them before committing themself.

Oh yeah, some pix wouldn't hurt either (e*ay doesn't charge extra for the first couple or so).

--T

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Took me a little bit to figure out I had to push a "revise" button not an "edit auction button"...

Does the new title reflect the contents better? And I've added a PS to address the shipping costs at the bottom. Sorry no pictures: my scanner isn't working properly & I couldn't login with Windows... XP is ignoring my KVM switch so I had to use Ubuntu just to get my computer to run again. :(

Oh well, it's a dual-booted PC anyway. :D I just use XP for games.

EDIT: added minimum specs after staring really close at all the fine print on the boxes... EBAY also suggested I lower the price, so I knocked off ten bucks from the total.

Last edited:
It still indicates that you are offering seven lots of seven games. You need to change the line where it says 'available' to say one bundle, not seven.

--T

BTW, a Flat Rate Priority Mail box stuffed with whatever you can fit in it can be sent anywhere in the US for about ten buck$. Since these are computer media, they can be sent via Media Mail for a lot less than that. Not trying to tell ya how to run your auction, just advising you that most e*ay buyers are aware of these prices, and might be scared off if they feel the shipping is too high. (Not to mention the razzing you'll get from our members here)

--T

A picture is worth a thousand words. Just one gallery photo will sell your items faster than a long description.

I'm back on XP! Yay! I've got my old trusty video camera setup. Now just to pose the boxes... GAH! My battery died before I could get the picture outta my video camera! Now I'll go grab my mom's new digital camera... Okay, apparently I can see the revisions immediately but it'll take a few hours for everyone else to see them...

Attachments

• DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I don't know how to work ANY of my software when I'm on Ubuntu. :D I hop on that when I just want to a little light internet or word processing.

I'm still learning the file structure & if WINE doesn't load it, I have to go back to XP...

EDIT: Lots of revisions. Now I've changed the price back to $45 but dropped the shipping charge so it's a free shipping auction.

EDIT: Changed the quantity to 1 & now I can set a buy it now price, so the regular price is $15 which can increase with bids or the buy it now is $45.

Last edited:
Off the thread topic but check out OpenOffice if you don't already have that installed, or GIMP for a fairly nice picture editing tool.

Hehe. I have those on Ubuntu. :D

Now my Windows internal hard drives are labeled as being NTFS so Ubuntu won't read them. :( How do I remedy that?

Hehe. I have those on Ubuntu. :D

Now my Windows internal hard drives are labeled as being NTFS so Ubuntu won't read them. :( How do I remedy that?
That seems odd. We have a machine here with XP-sp3 on one drive and Kubuntu 8.04 on another. The machine normally runs Kubuntu and is able to read and write to the XP (NTFS) drive without having to do anything special. Start Konquoror (or whatever you use) and go to "media" - the NTFS drive should be there. Works right outa the box!

Info about your disks:
Code:
sudo fdisk -l
or
df -h
You can also go to the Ubuntu forum and ask there. Its a huge forum so you only have to wait a few minutes for an answer. :) Actually, a quick look will find something like this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=365368 but really, it should work out of the box.

Back