• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Soundblaster CT1600 CD diagnostics

Druid6900

Veteran Member
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in software, but, feel free to move it.

Long story short, I'm setting up a test jig to run the early SB cards with single/multiple CD interfaces and drives that have those proprietary interfaces.

I have a CT1600 and a 563-B drive set up on a 386 and it works fine.

However, I don't seem to have any software that will let me directly test the CD.

Anyone know of a program that will do this?

TIA,

Druid

What do you mean by test the CD?

Did you just use the Creative software to do the install for the CDROM? That model has the Panasonic interface?

@Modem7;

Yes, that was the first thing I tried, but, it only tests the audio part of the card and has nothing about the CDROM interface.

@Unknown K;
Test, you know, have it do sequential and random reads of the test CD I burned. Do 1/3, 1/2 and full stroke speed tests, things like that.
Yes, I used SBCD.SYS and MSCDEX from DOS 6.2 and it works fine as drive D: on my one HD setup.

CD Benchmark

CD Benchmark

I think there used to be something called CDStone, that was a low-level CD benchmarker.
At least, that's what my notes say. Anyone out there have easy access to it ? (I wouldn't mind a copy either, *hint* )

Of course, saying "This'll do it", and then not having a copy is kinda frustrating, but at least I tried...

That teaser out of the way, there's always CD Bench, although I can't recall ( and at the moment test ) if it'll pick up the pana/matsu interface, but it might be worth a shot. It's attached. Hope it helps.

patscc

Attachments

• CDBench_21.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
Back