• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello I am Jonas from Sweden.

Did anyone else than me get to visit Hogia's PC museum in Stenungsund? It was open for public between 1993 and 1998 or so. Since then they keep a vintage computer section on their homepage, but don't have items positioned for display anymore.

Unfortunately I missed it, to young to appreciate old hardware then :)

There are a few private collectors in the country who have expressed a desire to one day have an exhibit of their collection, but I strongly doubt it will happen.

Do you mean starting a new museum or make an exhibit in an existing museum (such as Tekniska Museet)?

Last edited:
Hello i am from Ostergotland Linkoping
Cool, I live in a "suburb" to Linköping... And work in Mjärdevi.

The museum is a bit of a disappointment, I went there this fall with a few friends. The exhibit on the Datasaab is excellent and they have an Altair (which I had never seen in real life before) and a few interesting Swedish micros. The "Besk" computer was not there as advertised and the museum was kind of small.

Anyway, the superb aeronautic museum made the trip worthwhile.
Yes, IT-ceum isn't much fun...
But they apparently have quite a big storage room full of old computers and video games. Which hasn't made it to the exhibit yet. I work in the same building as IT-ceum and tries to pop in about once amonth to see if there's somthing new...

I was thinking about people like Bo (?) at Datasalen and Rune's PC-Museum. I believe both, or at least Rune has expressed a desire to at some time make an exhibition out of his collection. Probably not a permanent one, but with enough room... There are several collectors of old cars, which frankly take much more space than even a PDP mini computer, who have converted old barn houses and alike to live museums, taking visitors part or all of the year. Perhaps a private computer museum can be open for public once per month, Sat-Sun.

I was thinking about people like Bo (?) at Datasalen and Rune's PC-Museum. I believe both, or at least Rune has expressed a desire to at some time make an exhibition out of his collection. Probably not a permanent one, but with enough room... There are several collectors of old cars, which frankly take much more space than even a PDP mini computer, who have converted old barn houses and alike to live museums, taking visitors part or all of the year. Perhaps a private computer museum can be open for public once per month, Sat-Sun.

At some point in my life I see myself in a house with a barn, and could very well convert it to a museum :)

I know other collectors who have expressed a wish to make a computer museum, some with quite impressive collections (and barns!). Some computer clubs also have an interest such as the PC/M guys. All taken together there is quite a lot of material in Sweden for a museum.
My ultimate museum would be one where the machines are kept functional and can be run once in a while. Much like the PDP-1 in mountainview

Back