• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Single Board Terminal project

vbriel

Experienced Member
I'm just finishing up a project I've had on/off the shelf for over a year now. It is a single board terminal that accepts a VGA monitor, PS/2 keyboard and connects to your Host computer such as a CP/M box or S100 machine that requires a terminal. Has basic VT100 cursor commands and screen scrolling features as well as selectable cursor and color types.

Designed for vintage machines this terminal board will also allow you to connect to your PC at the same time if you need to transfer data via the serial port!

http://www.brielcomputers.com/files/pocketermrev1.jpg

Kits will be $60 and assembled and tested board will be $95. I'll have a link up on my site soon with more information.

Vince

The boards went on sale Feb 15th and the first run sold out in 1 day. I have more boards due in on the 24th but I will continue to take orders.

Vince

"sold out on day 1"

I can believe it. I was drooling over one myself but my LSI ADM 3As are telling me I have to fix them first!! I have one repaired except I have to fix the scrolling memory ram (stuck bits). I'll get around to snipping out the old and soldering in the new soon.

Not to change the subject, but I hate having chips directly soldered to the board. I always use machine sockets in my kit for just this reason. Even cheap duel swipe sockets are better than direct to the board. It is so easy to damage pads on a board desoldering. Maybe I just suck at it lol.

Thanks for the "drooling" comment, too funny. Just trying to revive the kit building era one project at a time.

Vince

I haven't used Sun products before, so I can't tell you. Do they use VT-100 or do they use their own format? Got a link for info and I'll research it.

Vince

Back