• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What's this card?

According to the FCC lookup E5Z5K3AM-614 was made by an Alpha Microsystems, 3501 Sunflower Santa Ana, CA 92704. The FCC granted their request on 10/26/1987. Unfortunately there is no documentation accompanying this on the FCC website.

I'm not sure it's the same company, but here's a link to documentation of alpha microsystems products link

Dunno, but I bet Cameron Kaiser (ckaiser@floodgap.com) at Floodgap might have an idea... Alpha Micro made a bewildering number of products over the years.

And the logo looks similar to that on the board. Alpha Micro has been a long time vendor of multiuser computer systems. It is probably one of their backup cards or such.

Is there a number above the Alpha Micro silk screen on the top left by the bracket? Are there other connectors besides the two RCA plugs? It looks like that big silver can in the top left has an opening in the bracket too.

DWB-00614-00 is the number that can't be seen in the shot,

The big sliver box is for a remote so it says 20 pins.

And the logo looks similar to that on the board. Alpha Micro has been a long time vendor of multiuser computer systems. It is probably one of their backup cards or such.

Is there a number above the Alpha Micro silk screen on the top left by the bracket? Are there other connectors besides the two RCA plugs? It looks like that big silver can in the top left has an opening in the bracket too.

Hi! I am going out on a limb here and guessing its one of those "backup to VCR" peripherals that were briefly popular in the 1980's. It certainly does not appear to be a video card and the chips suggest to me a high speed data encoder/decoder. Of course, that's a guess.

I hope this helps. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

VCR Backup

VCR Backup

That's a good guess, there's a high-speed video switch on there (TDA 5850) and a couple of high-speed comparators (LT1016).
I can't really make out any other chips, other then TTL glue logic and such, and the big custom Motorola Monstrosity.
Does the shiny thing have a part number on it anywhere ?
On the TDA 5850, pin's 8 & 4 are inputs to the switch, pin 3 is the switch, and pin 2 is the output.
patscc

That is a good guess. I was going to suggest a VCR video record/capture card myself, but then, it'd prob'ly have audio in/outputs too. It might be a good idea to pop it into sum'n and dump the ROM, could be a klew there.

--T

Back