• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Howdy from South Jersey

My name is Kyle, and I'm a motorholic, yes, I drink motorhol, no, I'm a car nut, that is pretty much all I think about, my 83 AMC Eagle Wagon, and my 81 AMC Eagle Kammback.
I collect 8-Tracks, Vinyl Records, Cassettes (if they are music I listen to and cheap) and car parts. I like my bikes, I have a 1978 Schwinn Sting-Ray, but that needs a lot of work, like most things I own.
I'm here because I recently bought my old Tandy 1000TL up from the basement, and can't remember how to use it

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in well here, we're all vintage computer nuts and a few of us really dig our vintage music and cars.

--Ryan

Yep, most (99%) of the music is before I was even born
Frozenfire, I know, I can't wait to graduate and get ou of NJ, although SJ isn't as bad os north jersey

Yup, 16. I listen to vinyl all the time, I've got some big band 33s, 8-tracks, and cassettes. I like big band, classic rock, 80s stuff, etc, from before I was born. Can't say I drive a 70s car though, just a little old 91 S10.

Totally jealous about your Eagle Kammback, and especially the Eagle wagon.

--Ryan

Ah, another Boisey Joy!

My BFF, Mark was an Eagle freak, but he's graduated to Wagoneers now (still has both Eagles in storage tho).

I spent all afternoon yesterday re-living WWII in music. Got about another 30-something songs recorded from vinyl to mp3 on the computer. Even took a side-track to WWI with a few songs: Its A Long, Long Way To Tipperary, There's A Long, Long Trail A-Windin', and Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Ol' Kit-Bag. Got 'em all on the 'Pod now, lemme know if Y'all want some. That music is kinda sacred to me, kinda like church music. I grew up surrounded by war heroes, (parents, uncles, cousins, neighbors, etc) and that music. I used to hate it, but just can't get enough of it now. I've figgered out that our parents weren't half a square as we thought they were...

--T

How many players do you have?
I've got 2.5(one is from one of my dad's old cars and needs to be rebuilt)
I've got 3 still sealed, and not any type of music I'd listen to, so they will stay that way.
Do you have any still sealed

Only Eagle I ever had was one that had had the 258 swapped-out for a Chevy 250 w/ adapter plate. Had a Gremlin before that I did the same conversion to, nice lil' car (I don't care who sez otherwise). My Eagle also had the front shafts removed, so basically a 2wd. Had the pleasure of wrenching on quite a few, as well as Spirits, plus Wagoneers, CJs, etc. My daughter now has a Cherokee, so the legacy lives on. My friend, Mark won't even let anyone else touch his cars, especially the '47 Willis, which is why it still needs a rear-end. I did go to the trouble of locating one for him, out of a '52 pick-up, but it's still sitting in the back, optimistically waiting...

--T

I'm seeing a trend here about all things vintage.
This is a vintage computer forum but it's interesting to see others that also are into vintage other things, like cars, bikes, 8-tracks, old music, old magazines etc.
I have 50 prime condition 8-tracks from the 70's. A nifty 8-track player/AM/FM.
I've converted all my vintage vinyl albums to mp3's now and I listen constantly to music from the 40's through the 70's. Collecting Old Time Radio programs is another hobby of mine. I have quite a few vintage magazines about - computers, cars, electronics, science.
One vintage item I really enjoy is my 1951 wood Zenith tube radio in like brand new condition.

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=278

Also I like computer car racing. I don't even know how many computer car racing games I have, and they spill over to about 10 racing games for my old XBOX. Just yesterday I downloaded the latest Power & Glory MOD for GTR2 so I can now race old XKE Jags, and Corvettes and lots of other vintage cars. The list of things vintage goes on :)

Back