• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cheap Model M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he's trying to get back every dollar he paid for the system, after escalating the purchase cost to 2009 !

People,

It's an eBay auction. If it sells, it sells. If it doesn't, it doesn't matter anyway. And it's really pretty much off topic here - stupid eBay auctions can apply to car parts, fake diplomas, etc.

People,

It's an eBay auction. If it sells, it sells. If it doesn't, it doesn't matter anyway. And it's really pretty much off topic here - stupid eBay auctions can apply to car parts, fake diplomas, etc.

Fake diplomas, now you cookin...:cool:

Thanks Mike B., these do tend to end up like the scene in "Marty (1955)....

Should we go downtown?

I don't know, what do you want to do?

Geez, I don't know either, we could go play some pool?

I don't know..............

I must say, these eBay threads are getting annoying. Yes, we all know that overpriced stuff is everywhere. It's only overpriced if no one buys it. Now for humorous ones, like the one about funny eBay photos, those are cool. But these eBay price threads are getting annoyingly repetitive, and always end the same way. Someone steps in and announces how pointless they are.

Do we all really need to know about every Commodore listed for $1000, and every keyboard for however much?

--Ryan

I must say, these eBay threads are getting annoying. Yes, we all know that overpriced stuff is everywhere. It's only overpriced if no one buys it.

Here's the difference with the keyboard auction: Someone is actually bidding $565 (as of this writing) on that keyboard. I, for one, would like to know why. It's not like the obvious money laundering that went on with the 386SX Dell auction ($3000)... or maybe it is?

Let's slap Trixter's hand for sticking another posting on the end of this? Hmm, then me too, cuz I did one after that, and then .........

I'm actually being serious. I'm honestly confused why someone would pay $500+ on a keyboard when other keyboards are on ebay at much lower prices, and would welcome theories (other than money laundering :)

The only reason I posted the auction was because it had bids. I asume because the seller had little feedback and the buyer had little feedback something fishy might be going on, or there is something rare about the keyboard that is beyond me.

I could post every auction by the seller "newsgroup" selling common items for major money if I wanted to bore people.

I can't come up with much. At the start, someone with a high feedback score primed the pump with 2 bids $333 and $444 close together and early. Then the other bidder comes along with a feedback of 1 and "runs over" the 333 and 444.

No great ideas here.

Oh, how about "convince everyone that this is indeed a SUPER RARE version and worth big bucks!" Then, a greedy type thinks I can buy this, turn around and sell it for double!!! More like 0.0002% but what the hey.

I wonder what I could get for my clone Model M (I assume it's a clone? It looks identical to a Model M as far as I can tell but it has an Elonex badge and was made by Key Tronics) - also has the XT/AT switch :mrgreen:

BG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back