• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How many disks to AutoCAD 12?

NeXT

Veteran Member
I have a small collection of Autodesk software (Instant Artist, Animator and AutoCAD 10) and today I saw a copy of AutoCAD 12 c4 for Windows for 10 cents a floppy. I bought whatever disks I could find (8 disks) and when I got home I tried installing it but it seems I'm missing a few disks, In the complete set, how many 3 1/2" disks were there? I have from disks 1-8 as well as I have one of the AutoCAD 12 AMEs (it's on three disks) and I want to install it on my under construction 486 CAD system I am creating. as well as my toughbook which I carry around with me.

I have a small collection of Autodesk software (Instant Artist, Animator and AutoCAD 10) and today I saw a copy of AutoCAD 12 c4 for Windows for 10 cents a floppy. I bought whatever disks I could find (8 disks) and when I got home I tried installing it but it seems I'm missing a few disks, In the complete set, how many 3 1/2" disks were there? I have from disks 1-8 as well as I have one of the AutoCAD 12 AMEs (it's on three disks) and I want to install it on my under construction 486 CAD system I am creating. as well as my toughbook which I carry around with me.

I pretty sure it was 9 disks, so you're likely missing just 1. :(

If I had it, I'd send you an image of the missing disk. :-\

As a side note, I saw this a while ago while searching for info on AutoCAD for DOS, and it became my new dream AutoCAD setup:

http://cadit.typepad.com/my_weblog/WindowsLiveWriter/AutoCAD_PC_AT.jpg

;)

I pretty sure it was 9 disks, so you're likely missing just 1. :(

If I had it, I'd send you an image of the missing disk. :-\

As a side note, I saw this a while ago while searching for info on AutoCAD for DOS, and it became my new dream AutoCAD setup:

http://cadit.typepad.com/my_weblog/WindowsLiveWriter/AutoCAD_PC_AT.jpg

;)
Damn, so I am missing a single disk. Looks like it's either off to search for it or stick with 10.

As for that CAD rig, mine is somewhat similar in that I have a tablet with the four button mouse thing as well as I have a high-resolution display that connects (via BNC) to an Artist card (I made a thread on this card a while ago) and in the box you got 16 (or 32) megs of ram, a 66Mhz Overdrive and other goodies. What I need actually is a clone AT case (not worth doing all this to a real AT unless all the hardware was from IBM like the above photo).

Lotsa old cases around here if you want to pay to have 'em sent across the country...

*grumble grumble*

Sometimes I still wish I lived in Guelph. Then I would be a stones throw away.
Shipping would be too rich for me. I'll have to ask my friend at Free Geek Vancouver if he can find some cases for me.
I also need a PC/XT clone case for an ASUS P5A-B AT motherboard I have.

Back