• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cool! Win3.1 on speccy!

Well, he (pretends to) use Telnet to some Debian Linux mail server, which could be of pretty much any hardware and fully able to run Pine on the server. While the Windows GUI appears to be a real, useable program, there is no actual Windows emulation going on. I believe more or less everything is painted and animated by hand. Perhaps you already suspected that.

I don't think the packages went back that far but you MIGHT be able to use cygwin on Windows 3.11 with win32s. ..there was another linux tools package too that I always forget the name of but again, most of these are 32-bit.

Honestly though, you're not missing much if you haven't used Elm or Pine which for the interested stands for "Pine Is Nearly Elm". (ok, yeah I updated that after double checking myself on wikipedia. I've always heard "Pine Is Not Elm" for the acronym but evidently that was just a popular user choice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_(e-mail_client)

Well, he (pretends to) use Telnet to some Debian Linux mail server, which could be of pretty much any hardware and fully able to run Pine on the server. While the Windows GUI appears to be a real, useable program, there is no actual Windows emulation going on. I believe more or less everything is painted and animated by hand. Perhaps you already suspected that.
Yeah, I got suspicious after seeing the jacked-up Sound Recorder. Notice he didn't show us any system tools that would require it to actually be windows.

Back