• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Red NEC PC-8201 (no A)

curtis

Veteran Member
Noticed a BIN auction on fleabay for a red 8201 this weekend. Seller is located in Hong Kong, but looks like the shipping costs are reasonable as is the BIN price.

The red and silver versions of these are extremely difficult to locate and if there's anyone who collects these, if you checkbook is capable, this one looks like it's cherry!

If I didn't already have one, I would be posting a brag about my score, but since I do, I'll let someone else take a shot at it.

Sorry I can't post a URL, but I'm posting from work and they lock out ebay's URL. Do a search for NEC or 8201 and it should pop up.

It wasn't me. I like my PC-8201A but I don't like it that much! Still, that was a gorgeous machine. Hopefully someone will enjoy it.

Matt

Actually, from what I've seen and have been involved in, $208 was extremely reasonable! I've seen these go for upwards of $500 without box or other accessories.

Of course, that was before the recession!

lol.. doh! Why didn't you post that before? ;-)

Actually I just found it interesting that they had different colors. Reminds me of gameboys.

I was going to, but one of the pups demanded attention and by the time I got back to the computer, I had completely forgotten about it until I got into work the next day.

I already knew it would make a good investment as far as increasing in value. I just needed the $208 more for things like food and toilet paper.

Back