• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Zenith EGA Monitor

If you locate a source for EGA/CGA monitors, let me know..

I have a Zenith monitor of unknown type, de9 connector. I have the computer it goes to as well, and it has a 15-pin db connector ala VGA. I have no cable, so unfortunately the monitor is useless atm, and I am unsure what it is. Different serial than you are looking for though. If you're curious I will post the numbers tomorrow.

Pictures?

Pictures?

If there is a way you can post a picture, I may be able to identify it. I haven't been able to find any EGA monitors unfortunately. The last one I saw within the last two weeks was an IBM 5154 on eBay, and from what I can tell it sold for $99 + shipping. I did recently acquire a 5153 and it is en route from the seller.

Ega

Ega

I have a hyundai ega monitor, I don't have the card that went with it, but I still have the user's manual. If you have anyone who could pick it up, you can have it. Here's pics.

Attachments

• egamon.JPG
    egamon.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
  • egaman.jpg
    egaman.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1
  • PDC_0004.jpg
    PDC_0004.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have a Zenith monitor of unknown type, de9 connector. I have the computer it goes to as well, and it has a 15-pin db connector ala VGA. I have no cable, so unfortunately the monitor is useless atm, and I am unsure what it is. Different serial than you are looking for though. If you're curious I will post the numbers tomorrow.

If you post the numbers, or even better a picture, I may be able to tell what model it is. I have a couple of the old Heath/Zenith catalogs I can reference.

From the ubiquitous sticker in the middle-back of the monitor:

Model No: ZCM-1450-DT
Serial No: MISK4044009540

Apparently it passed inspection somewhere in 1999, so it probably works fine.

On a custom-ish sticker on the top, it has a bit of repeat info, as well as:

Type: 0012AD
Item Description: MONITOR: 14: .28" DOT PITCH

It the numbers 5745000(C?)IX after a barcode.

Ideas?

Edit:

Searching for the model number yields one unrelated forum post by someone trying to install Mandrake Linux 7, but reveals that he was using this monitor with an ATI Mach32. This also yielded little info, but is probably more identifiable. I'd assume VGA, but this is out of my familiarity. The card apparently went in MCA, EISA, and PCI variants.

Yeah... :/

Since I know what machine it goes to, and that machine has a db15 connector, I could hook it up if I could get a cable, but the machine might be dead, and the card is integrated to the mobo so I can't simply inspect it for VGA/EGA/etc markings..

I'll get the computer's model up when I get a chance, maybe that will be look-up-able. :p

The machine's specs from the back label:

Model Number: UIC-3031-00
Type: ZA930-4X4A
Unmarked number: ZBS-4298-QL

From custom top label (IPMS Identification):
Type: ZBS3031
Model: UIC
Description: Advanced System W/OA

Yeah... :/

Since I know what machine it goes to, and that machine has a db15 connector, I could hook it up if I could get a cable, but the machine might be dead, and the card is integrated to the mobo so I can't simply inspect it for VGA/EGA/etc markings..

I'll get the computer's model up when I get a chance, maybe that will be look-up-able. :p

The giveaway here is the connector type. CGA/EGA was a 9 pin, VGA was the start of the 15 pin connectors. I'd say that it was a VGA. Also if it has a 1999 date on it I'd rule out CGA/EGA since most of these monitors went out of Manufacture in the early to mid 90's

From the ubiquitous sticker in the middle-back of the monitor:

Model No: ZCM-1450-DT
Serial No: MISK4044009540

Apparently it passed inspection somewhere in 1999, so it probably works fine.

On a custom-ish sticker on the top, it has a bit of repeat info, as well as:

Type: 0012AD
Item Description: MONITOR: 14: .28" DOT PITCH

It the numbers 5745000(C?)IX after a barcode.

Ideas?

Edit:

Searching for the model number yields one unrelated forum post by someone trying to install Mandrake Linux 7, but reveals that he was using this monitor with an ATI Mach32. This also yielded little info, but is probably more identifiable. I'd assume VGA, but this is out of my familiarity. The card apparently went in MCA, EISA, and PCI variants.

I also posted this in the other thread :)

Look where you'd least expect it :)

http://www.fbodaily.com/cbd/archive//1995/01(January)/12-Jan-1995/70sol003.htm

14'' SVGA Multi-Sync Color Monitor, P/N ZCM-1450-DT

Back