• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for 5 small PCs

kb2syd

Veteran Member
Something like the Dell Optiplex 240. Don't need an OS. Don't even need keyboards. This is for a 501(c)(3) non-profit in New Jersey.

Anyone have any leads on people dumping batches of machines in the NY Metro area?

Thanks,
Kelly

Last edited:
Do you have a Feecycle or Craigslist in your area? I see these things going all the time for next to zip.

They're actually pretty handy. I use an HP ePC with a microdrive as a gateway server here. Draws next to nothing and is easy to find a spot for.

The insane thing is that it's attached to a 1600 watt UPS.

Yeah, I've been watching both. Figured someone here might have a line on some. I'm looking for something kinda small that the local radio club can use in their contesting network. Right now it's a jumbled together bunch of parts that works OK, but the big tower computers aren't exactly light.

I'm trying to find 5 of the same form factor for simplicty of storing and transporting.

Gotcha--make your wishes known to the management of some of the local recyclers. If it's for a good (non-profit) cause, there's a tax benefit to them, as well as the goodwill. A hospital here dumped a ton of the things last year--AFAIK all were recycled.

Back