• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Corvus

atarimuseum

Experienced Member
Wanted -

Corvus manuals and sales brochures, hard drives, omninet servers, network cards, disks & software, anything from Corvus.

Curt

Corvus Concept for sale

Corvus Concept for sale

I have a 1982 Corvus Concept Computer still in the box. However, I am hoping to sell it and not donate it. I don't know if you're interested in buying it or you know anyone who does. I'm not sure of it's vintage market value although I do know it is a pretty unique computer with an unusual history. I have all the manuals and it has never literally been out of the box. It's always been stored in a safe, clean, dry environment. If you're not interested in buying it, could you give me some idea of it's value and what would be a fair asking price (I'm a novice at vintage computers)? Thank you.
Bob: palebluehorse@sbcglobal.net

For that matter, Curt may still collect Corvus stuff. Even I have a 6 MB hard drive setup in the basement, complete with HardBox interface to a PET. I also have a tiny bit of docs, probably too little to trade other than I could scan or photo copy it.

That may well be, but he hasn't been on the site since the end of November, 08.

The only corvus thing I have is a Apple ][ series hard drive controller with no hard drive to go with it.

Yes, I really do need to stop by more often, don't I :)

Still around, still looking for Corvus Stuff

Curt

Its an MFM drive in the smaller models, the big honking 8" monsters are Winchester drives

Curt
----
That's what I was wondering; I think they used the same IMI 7710s that Cromemco used and I wondered whether that's what Dru is missing; I scrapped a few but I've still got one somewhere, condition unknown.

On the other hand, I also scrapped an Omninet drive for the enclosure and power supply; it originally had an MFM drive but now it's got an IMI 5018 in it. I've still got the MFM interface board somewhere though.

----
That's what I was wondering; I think they used the same IMI 7710s that Cromemco used and I wondered whether that's what Dru is missing; I scrapped a few but I've still got one somewhere, condition unknown.

About the size of a shoebox with a black plastic top? I remember those--I evaluated one when IMI was field-testing them. You can make the drive go nuts by raising the front edge about 1/2" from level. It's apparently a closed-loop servo positioner that doesn't compensate well for gravity. That soured the deal for us--we went with one of the Shugart 14" (SA-400x) drives until the 5.25" drives started showing up. Still have one hooked to a HP-IB interface controller.

About the size of a shoebox with a black plastic top? I remember those--I evaluated one when IMI was field-testing them. You can make the drive go nuts by raising the front edge about 1/2" from level. It's apparently a closed-loop servo positioner that doesn't compensate well for gravity. That soured the deal for us--we went with one of the Shugart 14" (SA-400x) drives until the 5.25" drives started showing up. Still have one hooked to a HP-IB interface controller.
---------
That sounds like it, although it's a little bigger than a shoebox (it has an 8" platter after all).
Interesting tip; I'll keep it in mind if I ever try to resurrect the one I still have. Not surprising actually, it uses a relatively heavy *real* voice coil *linear* positioner, like a piston.

Mind you, their first 5" hard disk was also black plastic, the whole frame, with an optical index sensor; interesting... also needed -5V supply IIRC

I don't want a drive, just a customer with a drive and no interface card :)

Hmmmm.... I have one of the old Corvus 8 inch 5mb and one of the smaller, but externally similar looking 5.25 inch 10mb drives. I'd like to find an Atari interface but I also several Apple II's so if you still have the Apple hard drive controller and aren't too mercenary I might be interested.

Back