• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vulcan Disks Needed

Drken

Experienced Member
I just acquired a VulcanGS 40 MB drive but did not get the software needed to partition, format, etc. If anyone has the software on disks, I would appreciate a copy emailed to me. Thanks much in advance. Ken

I might have the utilities disk you need.
I'll try and see if I can make a disk image for you.

I have made it into a Disk Copy image and put it in a stuffit file.
PM me if you still want it.

EDIT: you may or may not need the ProDos extension for Mac OS. I swear I installed it on my 9.2.2 box but I can't find it now however the system seemed to be okay mounting/reading/writing/formatting ProDos disks.

Last edited:
Thanks much for the mirror but I downloaded the files there (both the .shk and .dsk images) and have had no luck in unshrinking them into anything useful on my IIGS.

The Vulcan is partitioned into a 32 MB and 8 MB partitions. The 32 MB partition is seen by GS/OS, but there is some problem with the 8 MB partition and GS/OS can't do anything with it (seems it is write-protected). The 32 MB partition seems to have errors and I need to reformat it, but am having no luck with GS/OS. Thus my desire to get the original AE utilities.

Thanks much for the mirror but I downloaded the files there (both the .shk and [.sdk] images) and have had no luck in unshrinking them into anything useful on my IIGS.
I built a bootable .dsk out of the .sdk contents with CiderPress. Can you reconstitute physical floppy disks with ADTPro or DiskMaker?

Yes, I can create disks using DiskMaker. If you can email me the .dsk file, I sure would appreciate it!

Back