• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

35th anniversary of the BUGBOOK: finally the books are available for download !

ygg-it

I have just discovered that all the original BUGBOOK serie is on line thanks to the authors!!
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

BUGBOOK I - LOGIC & MEMORY EXPERIMENTS using TTL integrated Circuits

BUGBOOK II - LOGIC & MEMORY EXPERIMENTS using TTL integrated Circuits

BUGBOOK IIA - INTERFACING & SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION EXPERIMENTS Using the Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART) and 20ma Current Loops

BUGBOOK III - MICRO COMPUTER INTERFACING Experiments using the MARK 80 Microcomputer, an 8080 System

BUGBOOK V - INTRODUCTORY EXPERIMENTS IN DIGITAL ELECTRONICS, 8080a MICROCOMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND 8080A MICROCOMPUTER INTERFACING

BUGBOOK VI - INTRODUCTORY EXPERIMENTS IN DIGITAL ELECTRONICS, 8080a MICROCOMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND 8080A MICROCOMPUTER INTERFACING

plus a lot of typewritten manuscripts

The majority of people in the 80's and 90's who have studied digital electronics (or for fun and curiosity was just enthusiast on it), spent whole days on these books!
But I think they are still useful even if the technology is strongly changed (but principles are identical, we still use binary 0-1 signals in our computers, don't we ??! )

I must say really thanks to the authors for this initiative!:thumbsup:

Now the books are not available anymore in the market and are so important that here in Italy for example all the most important public libraries have and give to people in the room, but do not allow the home loan because they are considered as ancient masterpieces !

http://www.bbookhistory.com/

how download

how download

- go to the book page (example BB IIA)
- click on the pdf on the right of the page
- when a little window open, right-click on the pfd document as "save object as"

Thanks ygg-it! I never would have found this and if I did, I would not have figured out how to use the site without your explanation. I think the wrong use of the word "tidbits" would throw most people. Page author could also have used help with the html :( but nevertheless, this is a great contribution by the Ronys. :) I wish more authors would make this kind of effort.

I don't know if this was a magnanimous gesture or a bit of trying to set the record straight once and for all. I definitely detect the taste of ashes in Romy's other website:

http://blacksburgdeception.com

Like a lot of ventures, this one left friends as enemies. I've learned that you just have to let such things go or they will destroy you.

Still, it's nice to see the Bugbooks on the web... :)

Many thanks for the links. I finally got them to download today. :D

bugbooks

bugbooks

Hi All;
I still have all of the Bug Books the whole series. But the downloads have some things that I never had or got...
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
I still have all of the Bug Books the whole series. But the downloads have some things that I never had or got...
THANK YOU Marty
If you still have it, could you post the contents of Bugbook IV (4) it's missing from the ones available for download. I have some of the later re-edited "Blacksburg Continuing Education Series" versions. They were published later than the original bugbooks. I need to figure out if I have the fourth BugBook or not, and what the contents were. I think these eventually went up to VII or VIII, but Peter Rony has oonly posted copies of the actual ones HE wrote. A few were done by others...

Hi All;

I talked to one of the Authors some Years ago, and BugBook IV was assigned, but, the Author didn't get it finished and so it was never published as such..

Now I have, 8080 8085 Software Design Book 1 and 2 and Microcomputer Interfacing with the 8255 PPI Chip -- which might be what was partially planned for BugBook IV..
And I have TEA an 8080 8085 Co-Resident Editor Assembler as well..
And Debug an 8080 Interpretive Debugger and the 8085 Cookbook to round out my Collection..

THANK YOU Marty

Back