• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Osborne I power supply

Well, very sad to say, still no progress.

Replaced those other two RIFA capacitors, powered up, screen still a single graphic character over all the text lines - no other text. Never prompts for system disc, A drive light comes on, drive spins, but nothing more. Reset button has no effect.

Edit: insert system disc in A drive, hit return, no changes, no read light, no drive spin - altho' A drive light randomly goes on and off after power up.

Discouraging to say the least. I've had that great little machine since the early 1980s. Last ran (perfectly!) about a year ago.

RIP OCC1

Tom

Last edited:
I have a Osborne 1 computer that has this same problem, its the same capacitor 0.1uF 250V. The other two smaller capacitors called 0.01uF 250V looks to go bad as well. Are there anyplace I can find the 0.01uF under another number or can the new 0.1uF be used for the 0.01uF ??? Radio Shack has the 0.1uF 250V in there Catalog #: 272-1053 but as for the 0.01uF its says 400v and not 250v in there Catalog #: 272-1051
any help will be appreciated.

I have a Osborne 1 computer that has this same problem, its the same capacitor 0.1uF 250V. The other two smaller capacitors called 0.01uF 250V looks to go bad as well. Are there anyplace I can find the 0.01uF under another number or can the new 0.1uF be used for the 0.01uF ??? Radio Shack has the 0.1uF 250V in there Catalog #: 272-1053 but as for the 0.01uF its says 400v and not 250v in there Catalog #: 272-1051
any help will be appreciated.

Working voltages higher than the original will work just fine, but don't change the capacitance.

Thanks for the help I ordered the parts overnight delivery. Will let you know how it goes, I have a feeling I will have more problems with this system.

Back