• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro 2 jumper setting help

afaiello

Experienced Member
I just picked up a Kaypro 2 (not II) today and found a jumper loose inside at the bottom. Does anyone know what the jumper settings are supposed to be for both floppy drives?

The one with the push button is probably an Epson. If it's the "A" drive it should be jumpered as "0" (zero) and not have a terminating resistor. The other drive could be several different brands but near the data cable you should see some jumpers if the lowest number is "1" then the "B:" drive shold be jumpered as "2" (two) and have a terminating resistor.

FROM THE KAYPRO technical manual:
TOSHIBA
Next to the connector for the data cable is a black plug with sixteen pins.
These are 1,2,3,4,LI,LD,HD,HM. Next to the black plug is a 470 ohm terminating
resistor with the letters "DM" to the left of it.
Locate this resistor. On the other end of the resistor is another black plug.
This plug has the letters "RM" to the left of it and the letters
"PJ5" to the right of it. It has sixteen pins. For the terminating resistor to function, all pins must be jumpered EXCEPT
the two next to the letters "RM". WHen the resistors is not needed, none of the pins should be jumpered.

B:DRIVE: Jumper the two pins in the "2" position, the two pins in the "LD" position,
and the two pins in the "HM" position. The terminating resistor IS needed.

gotcha. now all i need is the CP/M discs to get this baby fully running. my boss gave it to me for free and he says he thinks the discs and documentation are in a box at his house. let's hope so. all this Kaypro can do now is go to a screen that reads "Kaypro Corportation Version 2.01" with a blinking cursor after 2.01.

i don't have those jumpers

i don't have those jumpers

here's a pic of mine. there is no 16 pin plug. I have D1, D2, D3, D4, TM, L1, LD, FSTP, RY, FG, AD, DG, WP, and ZS. Those are all the jumpers I have on my Toshiba ND-04DT-A

Attachments

• 07-29-09_2258.jpg
    07-29-09_2258.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
Back