• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 6000 serial pinouts

Anyone have a pinout for the Tandy 6000 3 port serial card? If so, can you post it?

Kelly

If I remember from WAY back in 1985, those ports are wired as DCE devices instead of the DTE that you expect. Try a straight cable between your terminal and the port.

If I remember from WAY back in 1985, those ports are wired as DCE devices instead of the DTE that you expect. Try a straight cable between your terminal and the port.

Yeah, they are DCE (and the ones on the console are DTE) but for some reason I can get a WY-75, DT-1 and DT-100 working on these ports but not my newer Dorio terminals. I'm going to try to connect the Dorio to the console ports and the other terminals to the expansion ports and see if that makes a difference.

Kelly

PS: Any luck on the keyboard foam?

I was able to figure out a workaround. For what it's worth, the Dorio VGB-10 terminals work fine if connected to tty01 or tty02 with a null modem cable. I then put the DT-100 that was on tty01 on tty05 where I had the Dorio connected but not working. I now have 4 terminals running and may even connect a 5th. Come out the VCF East 6.0 and see the old Xenix workhorse in action.

Kelly

Back