• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

*EXCITED* New in box Apple IIc tomorrow !

http://ventura.craigslist.org/sys/1327712661.html

Yep, I am meeting this guy tomorrow morning and getting my hands on what I hope to be a new, pristine Apple IIc Computer. I will be filming the unboxing of this and I am pretty sure I will feel just as excited now as I did 25 years ago when my parents surprised me with one back in 1984-85.

It is interesting to note that a new, unopened Apple IIc sold for around $2600 back in 2008: http://www.macworld.com/article/1322...02/apple2.html

This one has been opened but I am told was never used and looks as good as the day it was new all those years ago.

Now I have an Apple IIc now, but I am hoping this one truely looks like new. All shiney and white. This truly is a beautiful computer. And it also had some great games!

Look for videos posted tomorrow

And as I said on AtariAge, I can't stress enough that you shouldn't post something like this until you have the item in-hand. What's stopping someone else from e-mailing the guy a higher offer?

Chris

I'm happy for ya, Mike. Sure wish I had time to get my IIc working. It's here and ready to be looked at, but no time!!

Are you getting the springy monitor stand that goes with it? Getting the monitor? I am missing that but I have a composite in monitor that I can use (I think).

Someone tried to sell me one for a hundred dollars once, but it was clearly a beater unit, almost no accessories and it was sitting there with an error screen. I passed.

Nice score! I look forward to the unboxing video.

I'd like to see the unboxing as well. This weekend I bought an Apple IIc and the monitor, working but yellowed for .......... $0.50 yep 50 cents. Now I have to find diskettes other than the typing tutor one that was in it.

Kipp

Neat video on the IIc :)

Kind of like a time capsule there. Hard to imagine someone just letting that sit around all these years. I bought a 'like new' IIc about a year ago but without the nifty monitor and stand. They make your IIc a nice 'small' complete unit. IIc's are cool looking machines, with a nice keyboard too!

Very nice. Now after all these years someone will finally enjoy the thing. Cool :clap:

I upgraded to this one, but already had one with the color monitor. I really like the green mchrome one that I had growing up. Also, my existing IIc wouldn't boot some disks, but woul boot others so not sure what is wrong with it. The one I got this morning seems to work perfect though.

Do any of you know why my other IIc would boot up some disks but not others? I am pretty sure my disks are all good. It would boot it up initailly and then at the top of the screen a line of code or something would come up with a blinking curser.

Here is the video of the IIc I am selling but of course, it wouldn't do it when I filmed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZ82MFLOLU

Bummer about the yellowing of the monitor. It tells me that it was at least of out the box and exposed to UV. The clue is where the yellowing is. The IIc may not have suffered the same fate, very nice.

Vince

What's wrong with you IIc Nathan?
Not really sure. It won't power on and I'm not sure if the fuse is bad, the power supply is shot or what. When I got it there was a lot goin gon (still is, really) and it's been packed up for a while now.

Since Mike got his I've been thinking of taking it to 'work' with me and taking a closer look at it, though. I'd love to be playing games on it, too, just like Mike.

How'd you get the joystick to control the freezer, Mike? I wanna do *that* mod! :) Of course I mean the joystick that was in the video *next to* the freezer. I had to leave the same comment on the vid :)

Nathan

Back