• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Strange Pentium-S 133 Mhz

JT64

Experienced Member
I picked up a pentium-s 133 Mhz yesterday. But it only seem to recognize HD's up to 153 MB(defaults) is this really possible for a pentium?

There is a user setting for HD's, maybe i could try that one. What user settings should i use for a 512 MB Compact Flash memory?

The Bios seem fairly capable so i think it must work.

Another thing i find odd is that it has the AT style keyboard connector, and not PS2. I tried my old XT keyboard no god idea computer started to make very strange noices and keyboard flashing.

I think there is MIDI AT to PS2 adapters i guess i have to get one.

JT

Heyho,

JT64 said:
I picked up a pentium-s 133 Mhz yesterday. But it only seem to recognize HD's up to 153 MB(defaults) is this really possible for a pentium?

Looks very strange, did you try a different cable? Please keep in mind that manual settings only work up to around 8GB.

JT64 said:
Another thing i find odd is that it has the AT style keyboard connector, and not PS2. I tried my old XT keyboard no god idea computer started to make very strange noices and keyboard flashing.

I think there is MIDI AT to PS2 adapters i guess i have to get one.

This will *NOT* work, because the PC/XT used a different protocoll. Try to get a AT keyboard. All modern keyboards will work down to the AT. Then a simple adapter does the job.

Greets

TNC

The AT style connector isn't that unusal--I have several Pentium boards with them--and alongside, a PS/2 connector for a mouse. You can use one of your PS/2 keyboards with a PS/2-to-AT keyboard adapter--either store-bought or constructed yourself. You cannot use an XT keyboard.

But we need more information. I'm assuming the drive is IDE. Many BIOS setup routines of this era have a choice for "Auto detect HDD". Did you try it? Are you using a used drive with a DDO installed? What model drive and motherboard is this?

The AT style connector isn't that unusal--I have several Pentium boards with them--and alongside, a PS/2 connector for a mouse. You can use one of your PS/2 keyboards with a PS/2-to-AT keyboard adapter--either store-bought or constructed yourself. You cannot use an XT keyboard.

But we need more information. I'm assuming the drive is IDE. Many BIOS setup routines of this era have a choice for "Auto detect HDD". Did you try it? Are you using a used drive with a DDO installed? What model drive and motherboard is this?

Ok i must check things out better i'll be back.

JT

Back