• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mystery Card of the Day

Drken

Experienced Member
I just received an Apple IIe system and one of the cards inside is something I have never seen before and am hoping someone can give me some information on it. The only real writing on it says "Anadata Chrome Card" in the lower left corner on front. Nothing anywhere else on the card, including the back side.

The two blue blocks along the top side each have one screw adjuster. The two green blocks of 3 each all have screw adjusters. Nowhere is there a connection for any cable.

If anyone is familiar with this card, I sure would appreciate any info you can supply!

Attachments

• Anadata Chrome Card.jpg
    Anadata Chrome Card.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 2
The green connector looks like a screw post connector. You loosen the screws and insert wires and then tighten the screws. The Maxim chip is a 12 bit analog to digital convertor, maybe it's for analog data aquistion and only the lower 6 bits were used?

Kipp

The green connector looks like a screw post connector. You loosen the screws and insert wires and then tighten the screws. The Maxim chip is a 12 bit analog to digital convertor, maybe it's for analog data aquistion and only the lower 6 bits were used?

Kipp

That seems very plausible to me too. "Anadata" is probably a play on the word "analog". I use instrumentation at work that has the same connectors, and they are for outputting analog data. Probably not useful to you, but definitely a neat card.

Chris

Could it be a colour card. Under the name looks like RGB with a hole through the G.

Could it be a colour card. Under the name looks like RGB with a hole through the G.

Now this is where www.datasheetarchive.com is your friend!

The ICL7109 chip on the card?

12-Bit Microprocessor Compatible A/D Converter

This is an Analog to Digital converter chip. It samples an analog value on the interface and returns a 12 bit digital value.

The 6821 is a Peripheral Interface Adapter chip. It interfaces the A/D converter to the computer.

Although I have to wonder WHY they used a 6800 series chip in a 6500 series computer. Maybe they were porting software routines over from another system and already had them defined for the 6800 series chip.

RJ

This is an A-D converter board. In the 70's we used Apple II's as data loggers and had to build our own A-D boards using an Apple II blank project perf board. The interface chip was common then. I recall we used Burr-Brown chips. Don't remember all the software but the chips we used had a parallel interface reader so we just read the binary number off the chip like a parallel port at a timed interval.

I think someplace I still have a few chips and a blank Apple II perf board. I'll go looking to see if I still have the program for it.

Z

Now this is where www.datasheetarchive.com is your friend!

The ICL7109 chip on the card?

This is an Analog to Digital converter chip. It samples an analog value on the interface and returns a 12 bit digital value.

The 6821 is a Peripheral Interface Adapter chip. It interfaces the A/D converter to the computer.

Although I have to wonder WHY they used a 6800 series chip in a 6500 series computer. Maybe they were porting software routines over from another system and already had them defined for the 6800 series chip.

RJ

Back