• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for a Game

hodzact

Hello,
I am looking for a game for apple I believe it was for Apple 3 but i'm not so sure.
As far as I remember the game had Mountain in it (Not Crisis Mountain)
It was a little man going around collecting things and he had to find these keys.
The keys would then open things like chests. It wasn't good colorwise (as i'm sure most of them weren't) A lots of green and brown in it. There were also these Elves in the game I believe the mountain guy also was an elf... I can't quite picture it all now it's been 11 or so years last paying it. I remember it was in 98 and I was in 5th grade. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. I tried to find and i've been looking for it a while.

You are probably looking for a IIGS game; perhaps that will help you narrow things down a bit. An Apple /// in a 5th grade classroom would have been unthinkable. An Apple /// in a 5th grade classroom in 1998 - well that's just ludicrous.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I've been there many times - you will find it.

Last edited:
Sorry to derail the topic a bit here, but why is this exactly? I know nothing about vintage apples mind you.
Apple's business-oriented version of their Apple II computer, it failed spectacularly and stopped production in 1984.

Sorry to derail the topic a bit here, but why is this exactly? I know nothing about vintage apples mind you.

Regarding why an Apple III would be unlikely is because of the it's the business class and business priced system and it's short period of development before the Lisa then Mac. I know in 92 our middle school was using Apple II's for programming class. In high school I think we eventually ended up with some PII systems before I graduated but prior to that they were some all-in-one type IBM terminalish computers (was looking for the model but couldn't find it quickly).

Anyway the logic behind the lack of an Apple III in school (unless it was given to the school) is the $3500ish price tag, plus the Apple II line really outlived it.

Anyway the logic behind the lack of an Apple III in school (unless it was given to the school) is the $3500ish price tag, plus the Apple II line really outlived it.
Right. I had never heard of a /// in a school until I heard of someone who (fairly recently - might have even been here) rescued a /// from a school trash pile that was being rained on. It was just very unusual to have one in a school setting. And probably not what the original poster meant anyway. :)

A /// could have been in a school's office. Being in a school does not necessarily mean it was in a classroom.

Back