• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How many of your comps are older than you?

How many of your comps are older than you?

• Total voters

TandyMan100

Veteran Member
This'll be a "fun measure of old-fartiness". How many of the computers you currently own are older than you?

Last edited:
Tandyman, my friend. You seem to have omitted the most obvious choice: none. Given that most of the people on this forum are at least 30 years or older, the selection of computers to collect is quite limited even some special ones do exist. I assume anything pre-1971 would mean quite big units, although it is not impossible.

Tandyman, my friend. You seem to have omitted the most obvious choice: none. Given that most of the people on this forum are at least 30 years or older, the selection of computers to collect is quite limited even some special ones do exist. I assume anything pre-1971 would mean quite big units, although it is not impossible.
dangit!

Hi
I was born in the year of the transistor so anything I might find
would need to be either tube or relay. I do have one tube
analog computer but that was made in the early 60's.
Dwight

There is no "none" option. I am 41 so a computer would have to be from 1968 or earlier to be older then me and I don't collect anything pre 1980 or so.

Completely assembled, turn-it-on-and-go computers?

One, 1987, PS/2 30 286.

Accumulated parts to build other machines? Probably 1 or 2 more late 80s (myself being born in 1989).

It's not common but I have a few systems still older than me. I don't think I've gone through my entire inventory to date things though (an interesting idea and something I need to do eventually anyway). I'm not sure how old the terminal I use for a side table is but I thin it's probably 80's so I'm older than it. I *may* have a very odd/proprietary (no clue why I grabbed it at the time.. it was $10 then they offered me a box of old manuals) computer that LOOKS like it'd be from the 60's or 70's. My friend (since passed) I thought said it was a single board computer although I'm confused since it had several slide in cards it uses. To me an SBC is a Kim type computer.

Anyway so I'm blessed and cursed with the year of 1979 for a birthdate. So I missed out on the greatness and inventions that would have been AWESOME to experience if I had been older/competent. That I'm truly envious of you all that are older and could watch this all unfold more.

So my TRS-80 Model 1, Kim-1, Apple IIplus (sorta).. I don't have an original II (wish I did), IMSAI. Think that's about it.

well i have my ThinkPad 360CE (which is now a parts laptop) and my new ThinkPad 360P (thanks cgrape). So, considering i'm 14... anything 1994 and older is older than me :p

None -- born in the late 1960's. I have assorted KIM-1 stuff so that's probably the earliest. I think that even the DEC 42U rack I have is only from 1973. I guess it's possible that the DEC paper tapes I have are slightly earlier, but I'd have to look, and they don't qualify anyway.

I've got a slipstick that was my dad's. Apart from that, no electrical computer around here is older than me. I probably couldn't afford to run one of those even if I knew how or could find one. :)

Edit: Sorry for posting. I take it this poll is specifically for young people since "none of 'em" is not on the list. :(

:) It's not specifically for young people, just happened to be created by a young person so they didn't think about the >30 somethings heh. But hey some folks here have to have some pretty ancient stuff also. I've seen a few of you post about analog computing finds.

Back