• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

TRADE: Excelerator Plus 220v PSU for 110v PSU

hexsane

Experienced Member
I have several new Excellerator Plus drives with 220v power supplies. I'd like to get another one of these drives into use. Anyone in Europe have a 110v PSU they would like to swap for a 220v PSU?

-Matt

Perhaps you can get a step-up converter? Step-downs are pretty common around here, but possibly it is easier or more safe to step down 220/230V to 110/115V than the other way around. The only spare 110V equipment I have is an untested VIC/C64 PSU, although since I do have the step-down I could check its function.

Also notice the Oceanic/Excelerator drives use 5V and 12V. Look at the pinout on the power supply. You will find plenty of alternative power sources that output 5V+12V, i.e. an old IBM AT style power supply, something from an old Mac, possibly even some old PET gear or whatever you have on your hands. It won't look as pretty as if you have the real thing, but it will work. I'm not even sure the pinout matches anything other than these drives even if it s a "bog standard" 5-pin DIN connector.

Back