• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE: 286, 386, 486 ISA cards

Anonymous Coward

Veteran Member
Everything is free, but you must pay for the cost of shipping. The only condition is that whoever wants it must take EVERYTHING.

-RAMLink 2MB AT memory expanion (1mb included)
-AST ComboPlus 256kb XT memory expansion (fully populated)
-2X Everex EV-159 RAM 3000 Deluxe 3MB AT memory expansion (fully populated)
-Generic 384kb XT memory expansion (unpopulated)
-4X 3com 3c509 10base2 16-bit NICs
-2X 3com 5c503 10base2 8-bit NICs
-3com 3c579 10base2 32-bit EISA NIC
-Everex EV-170 8-bit Serial/parallel card
-Generic "DIO 500" 8-bit Serial/parallel card
-Heath 8-bit serial/parallel card
-Perspective Solutions IDE caching controller (2 30pin SIMM slots)
-WD1003V-MM1 16-bit MFM controller
-WD1003-WA2 16-bit MFM controller
-WD1002A-WX1 8-bit MFM controller
-WD1002-27X 8-bit RLL Controller
-WD1002A-27X 8-bit RLL controller
-Qlogic 16-bit SCSI controller (internal 50pin, external HD50, no BIOS)
-Adaptec AHA-1742A 32-bit EISA SCSI controller (internal 50pin, external HD50, BIOS)
-Original IBM PC/XT floppy controller
-DTC 3X5X XT floppy controller (has some kind of BIOS on it)
-STB Powergraph VLB 1MB DRAM
-Rockwell 28.8kbps 8-bit internal modem

There are some items I am possibly interested in, but am not in a financial situation to pay for the shipping on all of them (I could afford one or two, nothing more).

I respect that you want it to go as a lot, so try to sell give it away as a lot first...if after some time you have no luck and decide to let it go individually let me know please.

(that S tag is supposed to be strikethrough; it looks like this forum doesn't have strikethrough support)

desired items:
-any one 8-bit MFM or RLL controller with an in-rom low level format routine (should be all)
-AT memory expansion board (first preference is a 3mb one but the 1mb would do fine)

Last edited:
I appear to have a taker lined up.

It's too bad the cost of shipping to Canada is so crazy. Since most major Canadian cities lie close to the US border, it really shouldn't cost much more to send them there. I really like Canada, but the postal system up there sucks bigtime. I'm worried about what I'm going to do when I move back to Toronto this winter, because I do a lot of online transactions.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for making it known.

If said taker demonstrates interest in letting go of the items I specified, please put him/her in contact with me. Otherwise I'll carry on my search locally.

It's too bad the cost of shipping to Canada is so crazy. Since most major Canadian cities lie close to the US border *snip*

I believe most of the cost is due to import taxes and US customs inspections. They need to inspect everything, especially electronics. This also sometimes adds major delays in delivery.

Well that's bull. I have sent electronics to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Chile, the UK, Finland, and Poland, and it's been roughly the same price and took only about a week. But it's true that Canada is a pain in the rear to get things there. So it's not US customs.

BTW, Italy is the same way, horrible post system.

Oooh! I misread that. I thought it was Canada -> USA not the other way around.

One of our main suppliers is in Canada and it take forever to get their product across the border.

It's too bad the cost of shipping to Canada is so crazy. Since most major Canadian cities lie close to the US border, it really shouldn't cost much more to send them there. I really like Canada, but the postal system up there sucks bigtime. I'm worried about what I'm going to do when I move back to Toronto this winter, because I do a lot of online transactions.

I find, with the few items I've sold/sent internationally, it is certainly not even one day slower than getting something from the US. Not to say individual experiences won't vary, of course.

The cost is reasonable on light items. On heavy items it's off the chain completely unreasonable.

The reasoning, though, is that services like USPS are able to operate at such a low cost (because of the larger volume of business; think of the US's population vs Canada's) it makes our costs look huge whereas they're actually reasonable.

Or so I try to convince myself.

BTW, Italy is the same way, horrible post system

Yeah, I send packages to mainland China often, and the packages always arrive intact and on time. I know some Canadians will really go out of their way to defend Canada Post, but it's not worth your time debating these people. When I mail to Canada my packages are often lost, or the post office creates some kind of inconvenience for the person receiving them...even if I'm honest with the customs declaration forms.

I'm wondering if UPS might be the way to go for reliably getting packages delivered up there. So long as they don't outsource any of their operations to Canada Post or Purolator...

Yeah, I send packages to mainland China often, and the packages always arrive intact and on time. I know some Canadians will really go out of their way to defend Canada Post, but it's not worth your time debating these people. When I mail to Canada my packages are often lost, or the post office creates some kind of inconvenience for the person receiving them...even if I'm honest with the customs declaration forms.

I'm wondering if UPS might be the way to go for reliably getting packages delivered up there. So long as they don't outsource any of their operations to Canada Post or Purolator...

It's a matter of opinion and personal experience - I've never had even one issue receiving items, and none sending either (receiving TO Canada, sending FROM Canada).

I will never pay for courier services; they're unreasonably priced when the postal service has never let me down. I consider signing for packages an inconvenience. Maybe my opinion will change when they do let me down (note I said when; these services are by nature likely to have issues so I don't consider it impossible).

BTW - cheapest shipping option with Canada Post out of the country includes delivery confirmation and insurance up to $100 value.

I've shipped lots of stuff to Canada without a problem. Now Sweden is another matter. I don't know what's up with the mail system of Sweden but, nothing makes it intact.

Canada has universal health coverage. I have to pay $280 month for mine and its no better. Takes a whole lot of custom fees to make up for what I'm spending every year. I'll trade you if you want.

I've shipped lots of stuff to Canada without a problem. Now Sweden is another matter. I don't know what's up with the mail system of Sweden but, nothing makes it intact.

Canada has universal health coverage. I have to pay $280 month for mine and its no better. Takes a whole lot of custom fees to make up for what I'm spending every year. I'll trade you if you want.

But doesn't Sweden have a better healthcare system than Canada?

I know there are a few European countries that beat us (Canada) in that regard.

To be 100% fair the healthcare system here does have flaws, but every one I've seen dragged out on US television is false or highly exaggerated (wait in line for 15 minutes, not 4 hours...even private systems keep you waiting 15 minutes...while they verify your insurance is current)

But really; I imagine every user of every postal system who uses the system excessively has had at least one run in of an unpleasant kind. I won't defend Canada Post endlessly, but I will defend them when the implication is they screw up everything every time.

There won't be much room to store things at the new place, and the wife wouldn't be happy about it either. Don't worry too much though, I'm keeping all the good stuff safe :p

Back