• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lots of recent stuff for trade and giveaway.

nathan

Experienced Member
I have here a lot of relatively-recent computing gear taking up room here in my basement that might be of use to someone. If you'd like something, let me know. I'm looking to trade for vintage gear (hence why I post here as opposed to CL or the like) but some of it I might be willing to send your way for the cost of shipping. Just ask!

Here's a brief list:

- Assorted USB to SATA drive enclosures.
- Assorted Seagate SATA drives (ranging from 80GB to 1TB, many larger ones are the ES and ES.2 variants for server usage).
- Assorted AGP video cards.
- An EPIA M-II 10000 ITX board (1GHz CPU, PCMCIA, and CF slots onboard).
- Large assortment of 802.11 Wi-Fi APs and routers.
- ASUS P5K Deluxe motherboard (handles most Core2Duo CPUs, onboard Wi-Fi)
- Antec 350W ATX power supply
- Dell PowerEdge 2350 Server (2U Rackmount, dual Xeon, 3x 18GB Cheetah 15k U320 drives, redundant PS)
- 2x Netgear FVS318 ProSafe router/firewalls
- Some nice Polycom IP600 SIP phones (VoIP)
- Dell PowerEdge 2400 server (P3, redundant PS)
- And a whole lot of other stuff. If you have something in mind, just ask and I may have it.

Thanks!

P.S. Mods, I hope that the fact that I'm looking to trade for vintage gear makes this post OK but if I am mistaken please pull this post and accept my apologies in advance.

The APs and routers that you have... I am looking for one of these:

Linksys WRTSL54GS
Asus WL-500G/D
Asus WL-700E
Asus WL-HDD

I am looking for a router with USB that I can hack to run OpenWRT. I have already modified two Linksys WRT54Gs and added DB9 connections. One is constantly downloading weather reports and passing them to a scrolling LED display and it works great, but I need USB support for some of the other projects I have in mind.

Thanks....

Do the rackmount servers work? I don't have anything to trade, though. At least, nothing you would want. I would really like one of the rackmounts, though.

To clarify, the dual Xeon is a rackmount and the P3 is a tower.

I booted the Xeon within the last year and all worked great. The P3 was booted within the last couple and worked. I would of course check them out before sending them anyone's way.

You say you don't have anything I'd want... Try me. :)

Do the rackmount servers work? I don't have anything to trade, though. At least, nothing you would want. I would really like one of the rackmounts, though.

Hm, sorry. I have a couple WRT54Gs but not the fancier one that you listed.

The APs and routers that you have... I am looking for one of these:

Linksys WRTSL54GS
Asus WL-500G/D
Asus WL-700E
Asus WL-HDD

I am looking for a router with USB that I can hack to run OpenWRT. I have already modified two Linksys WRT54Gs and added DB9 connections. One is constantly downloading weather reports and passing them to a scrolling LED display and it works great, but I need USB support for some of the other projects I have in mind.

Thanks....

To clarify, the dual Xeon is a rackmount and the P3 is a tower.

I booted the Xeon within the last year and all worked great. The P3 was booted within the last couple and worked. I would of course check them out before sending them anyone's way.

You say you don't have anything I'd want... Try me. :)
I looked at pictures of both models, and shipping on the p3 would kill me. As I don't have much (any?) money, I don't have anything vintage I'm willing to part with, here's what I have to trade:
Proccies: WinChip, Pentium I, both socket 7
Mobos: Intel Socket 7 Mobo
Drives: I couple of 3GB+ drives, Colorado 350 tape drive
Power supplies: 1 AT power supply minus switch
Cards: Couple Soundblasters, ISA and PCI, internal ISA SCSI card with cable
Other: Two-week-old banana, Random parts from S-series Aptiva (modem/sound card, riser card, case, external media center), Cache module, large CRT monitor.

Geez, I didn't realize I have so much crap.

Are any of your ISA SoundBlasters 8-bit? If so, I might actually like one of those. Obviously the servers aren't exactly the right trade for such a thing, but if there's anything else in the list that makes sense - let me know. Thanks!

Are any of your ISA SoundBlasters 8-bit? If so, I might actually like one of those. Obviously the servers aren't exactly the right trade for such a thing, but if there's anything else in the list that makes sense - let me know. Thanks!
Nope, 16-bit. I think I have a SB PRO, and a 16. Told ya I don't have anything you'd like ;-)

No, sorry. I've pretty much been an Intel guy for the duration of my computing career. I did stray from the fold once or twice though; I happen to have a 1GHz AMD Thunderbird machine here but that's not going to do you much good...

Any AMD64-type motherboards?

No, sorry. I've pretty much been an Intel guy for the duration of my computing career. I did stray from the fold once or twice though; I happen to have a 1GHz AMD Thunderbird machine here but that's not going to do you much good...

Maybe I should widen my horizons. Any (shudder) IA64-type boards available?

Got any original Apple I s in there? Baring that any random spare 6502 chips you would be willing to part with?

Hrm. Maybe I got confused on my terminology. By AMD64 I had in mind specifically AMD processors since that's how AMD brands the x86-64 extensions, but since you just asked me for something Itanium (I presume this is what you meant by IA64) maybe you just meant any motherboard supporting AMD64/x86-64/EM64T?

Later Intel desktop parts (certain P4s, C2D, Xeons) use the x86-64 extensions (advertised by Intel as EM64T). If an Intel CPU is good with you, I have an Asus P5K Deluxe that has a P35 chipset and supports several LGA 775 CPUs including later P4s, Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Quad, most if not all of which have x86-64/AMD64/EM64T.

Also, the server I listed (Dell PowerEdge 2350) has dual 1.8GHz Xeons that support the EM64T extensions.

Maybe I should widen my horizons. Any (shudder) IA64-type boards available?

Later Intel desktop parts (certain P4s, C2D, Xeons) use the x86-64 extensions (advertised by Intel as EM64T). If an Intel CPU is good with you, I have an Asus P5K Deluxe that has a P35 chipset and supports several LGA 775 CPUs including later P4s, Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Quad, most if not all of which have x86-64/AMD64/EM64T.

Sorry I wasn't more explicit. Let me think about this a bit. I'm not sure that Itanic is long for this world, but MS includes it in their DDK for Win7, so maybe I should think about including it in my development. It shouldn't be more than a recompile, but you never know.

I've got a few AMD64 (with AMD CPUs) systems here, but none of the Intel x64 variety and zero IA64 ones. Just trying to cover more bases.

This is all kernel-mode device driver stuff, so speed doesn't matter.

I would love to get that server. But for the life of me I cannot think what I would do with it. I just can't justify the money.

But just out of curiosity how much does it weigh?

I have a PIII Xeon (Slot 2, 700 MHz) quad-core, 4U, Dell Rackmount server with three redundant power supplies.

Just for reference, this thing weighs probably damn near eighty pounds. Even the rails are like, ten pounds, together. I bought this thing locally, and there is no way you could ever convince me to have shipped it.

Back