• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

old IBM thinkpad 700 with W95 working

dont flinch

I have an old IBM thinkpad that runs windows 95 that still works. I just fired it up a couple days ago for the first time in years. I have to get all my old crap off it which is not so easy as my floppies from it are not reading an 'id address' or some crap in xp (anyone with tips on that?). but I will get that done this week, one way or another.

it looks pretty much like this one:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026293078&postcount=34

with the sliders to adjust the screen on the side of it. the screen is tiny. the thing is heavy duty feeling, but well protected, with a good hard case. screen is great, no pixels out. really in great shape. has power cord, I didn't try to run it not plugged in.

no usb ports - only serial, parallel and pcmcia. I have a parallel port cd-rom that can go with it for an extra 20$ + 30$ for the thinkpad. I don't see any of these for sale on ebay at all, so I honestly don't know if that's because they're rare and no one parts with them or if no one wants them, lol.

Last edited:
I have an old IBM thinkpad that runs windows 95 that still works. I just fired it up a couple days ago for the first time in years. I have to get all my old crap off it which is not so easy as my floppies from it are not reading an 'id address' or some crap in xp (anyone with tips on that?). but I will get that done this week, one way or another.

it looks pretty much like this one:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026293078&postcount=34

with the sliders to adjust the screen on the side of it. the screen is tiny. the thing is heavy duty feeling, but well protected, with a good hard case. screen is great, no pixels out. really in great shape. has power cord, I didn't try to run it not plugged in.

no usb ports - only serial, parallel and pcmcia. I have a parallel port cd-rom that can go with it for an extra 20$ + 30$ for the thinkpad. I don't see any of these for sale on ebay at all, so I honestly don't know if that's because they're rare and no one parts with them or if no one wants them, lol.

700 or 700C (with color LCD)? A couple days ago someone was looking for a 486-level laptop with a parallel port. This would do the job.

http://www.ibmmuseum.com/OhlandL/9552/9552_700C.html

I will take it! I can't pm you for some reason though, so send me one when you see this please. Thanks!

Got it...I'm still good on my end. I will e-mail you at the address you provided so we can stay in touch. Thanks!

Actually, darn. I went back to look at your message to get your e-mail address and it's not there. I recall that when I got the notification it said something like "Visitor Message" so maybe it wasn't a proper PM.

Anyway, if you can message me again with your e-mail address I will send you an e-mail straight away...

Back