• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mac LC III ?

dont flinch

attached is the packing slip and it is all inclusive with original floppies, cables, printer, etc but no monitor. it is a strange old computer with a flat body. only a few inches thick and rather small relatively speaking. I also found a link to someone selling one like it.
http://www.recycledgoods.com/7204_Apple_M1254_Macintosh LCIII Desktop Computer.html
a long time ago I fired it up when I still had the monitor (don't remember what I did with that - will double check it's not in attic if desired) and it worked.

I'd like to get 35$ plus shipping please. I will try to take it to the post office this week and see how much exactly that will be. I am in oklahoma if anyone should happen to be nearby-ish.

Attachments

• mac.jpg
    mac.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
still available

still available

computer floppies printer keyboard mouse speakers. this is a cool old computer.

The LC III was also the second-to-best of this form factor from Apple. It was the first one that wasn't intentionally hobbled by Apple, and is quite capable. Only the 68040-equipped Quadra 605 is better on this form factor.

As a bonus, it can run an Apple IIe card.

Last edited:
yep, if you look at the original packing slip attachment on the first post you will see this was originally sold to a school. ;)

this is still for sale...BEST OFFER. please someone don't let it be landfill!?!

$35 for everything (screen, monitor, printer, software) doesn't seem that unreasonable to me (but then again these things aren't that collectable).

If you can't sell it, please give someone the chance of taking it away though, rather than dumping it.

On the other hand, the $125 on the recycledgoods.com site does seem way too high. Just the base unit and yellowed at that.

Tez

There should be plenty of those around. Unless there is a special upgrade or a usable network card in the PDS (in which case you just remove it) slot recycling it is not a big deal. Those floppy drives in working condition are getting a little harder to find, so you might want to sell that by itself if you recycle it.

The LCIII is like the C64 of the Mac world, way too many were made.

no idea what a pds slot is? or about the network card situation? :lookroun: but someone pm'd me, so I'll keep y'all posted.

p.s. NO MONITOR. everything else. yeah I figured the 125 was way too high and even just for the box itself. I don't want to be unreasonable.

Last edited:
PDS means processor direct slot. There are a few things that use that slot including network cards, video cards, video capture cards, and CPU upgrades.

For example I have a Sonet Presto Plus card that works in a few machines, LC III being one of them.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/lovemacs_2073_39295160

It is a 68040/33 CPU with built in network card and an extra 32MB RAM. Kind of hard to find and expensive, sold do schools could get more out of their LC III investment before retirement.

While LC IIIs are common some of the cards you can find in them are not.

I just took a picture of the whole package. it was a little dirty and cleaned up pretty nice with just a quick dust off. the box of it is actually very light, the cd unit is heavy.

edit: this seems fixed now: I cannot seem to post an attachment on here or even click to add a link or change text style (was gonna make "heavy" italicized). will upload and include link momentarily. yep some kind of problem posting for sure, it's showing the wysiwyg editor but wants html.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6522/lciii2.jpg

edit: picture of back: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2111/im000574.jpg

Last edited:
Back