• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cc-40 to ti99??

mutantcamel

Experienced Member
Has anyone built an interface to link the 2 machines together so program data could be transferred?

Just plug a Hexbus RS-232 into the CC-40 and transfer that way. . .should be no problem at all.

Some years ago I got a CC40 & a NEC 8201a to talk to each other through a Hexbus RS-232 box.
I think the user manual for the RS-232 is online somewhere (WHTech?) - Quite useful, IIRC.

Jack

What other equipment would you need to connect the 2 up? I only have an unexpanded 99 so how would you hook it up from the 99's end? Is the transfer process possible both ways?

Last edited:
You would need to have an RS-232 Interface on both ends. There are several options on the TI-99 end: if you are truly golden, you can get one of the very rare TI Hexbus Interface units for the 99/4A (either the original or the Michael Becker version). Then it would be a direct Hexbus to Hexbus connection without any additional hardware on either end.

You could do the same thing but insert RS-232 Hexbus peripherals at either end as well, if you were firmly wedded to the RS-232 mode and had the necessary hardware.

Lastly, you could use one of the sidecar devices for the TI that include an RS-232 connection (Captain's Wheel made one, as did CorComp (9900 Micro Expansion), Myarc (MPES-50), Mechatronics (CPS-99), and even TI). The TI sidecar shows up on Ebay a few times each year, as does the 9900 Micro Expansion, all others are much more difficult to find. Using this route, you could also get a TI PEB and insert one of the TI or third-party RS-232 cards into it for the TI end of the connection.

The connection does allow transfer of data both ways. I seem to remember that the CC-40 BASIC language is largely compatible with TI Extended BASIC as well, though I haven't done a command-for-command comparison to identify all differences yet.

Back