• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1977 IBM 5100 for sale in ebay

Wow cool.. er.. I mean.. no, I don't think there should be anyone interested and noone should check the link or bid against me. ..I mean bid. ;-)

A question to our international collectors. Is there a difference in that model that would make it different than an English variant? I know a lot of times the keyboard has different characters but that one looks ok other than wanting 220V for power which I guess I could dream about getting it and a converter.

I'm not really in the position to be able to afford such a nice machine right now but still, it's neat to see them come up for auction once and a while.

I have a Ibm 5110 with the 8" Dual Disc Drive Cabinet oh and a 5103 printer but the printer is missing the top cover. I am trying to sell it but i do NOT do the Ebay thing!! Any offers out there. Thanks!:)

BASIC and APL capabilities and this explain the strange characters on the keyboard. Now, where did I put my APL Programming book and my notes from that crazy statistics course taken so long ago?

Although shipping to Norh America would be expensive, the bidding has reached a level high enough that shipping costs become secondary.

Totally interested :)

Totally interested :)

I have a Ibm 5110 with the 8" Dual Disc Drive Cabinet oh and a 5103 printer but the printer is missing the top cover. I am trying to sell it but i do NOT do the Ebay thing!! Any offers out there. Thanks!:)

Hi,

I am very very very interested, I already own a 5110 (without the cabinet *sigh*) and a 5100 (broken videocard *sigh* again)
Spend a lot of time reading all the documentation and am designing a new videocard for the 5100...... kinda difficult but hopefully it will work.
Where are you situated because shipping these little monsters is a very expensive undertaking (by now I know).
Do you also have software for it ?

greetings

Kevin

I like the seller's source for calling this "the first portable computer" .... "the Internet sites". Next time someone questions a ridiculous claim, I'm going to say, "But the Internet sites said so!"

I like the seller's source for calling this "the first portable computer" .... "the Internet sites". Next time someone questions a ridiculous claim, I'm going to say, "But the Internet sites said so!"
It does have a certain ring to it. :p So how would you write a citation? Like this?
Site, Internet. "Google" Third one down. November 2009.

Back