• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free PDP 11/34 on Chicago CL

Old Thrashbarg

Veteran Member
Not my ad, but I figured it worth passing along the info since there's a few DEC fanatics on here.

I'm getting rid of a PDP-11/34 and RL02 Drive. This thing is huge and I don't know if it works. We're happy to give it away to a good home and even more happy to trade it for a broken vintage synthesizer or some vintage audio or test equipment.

It has a big reel to reel on it and the PDP-11/34 has a keypad. Unfortunately no octal switches. Seems like the unit was used for data acquisition.

There is a freight elevator to get it out of the basement, but you are on your own after that.

Link.

That sound like a quite neat system. It is a Unibus eleven in a rack mounted box about six units high. It probably comes in a rack as he mentions a RL02 and a reel to reel tape.

It's a heavy sucker, so bring a friend :)

Wow. Awesome. It's always nice to see that stuff come up for offer instead of getting scrapped. Hopefully someone finds it a nice home (despite the size I would still think it wouldn't be too difficult to find a taker).

Wow. Awesome. It's always nice to see that stuff come up for offer instead of getting scrapped. Hopefully someone finds it a nice home (despite the size I would still think it wouldn't be too difficult to find a taker).
Good news guys!
A collector friend of mine picked this up with a helper on Friday from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. I took two trips with a van to rescue it. :eek:

so this computer followed me home from work ...

so this computer followed me home from work ...

As John mentioned, I was able to rescue this system - actually before the ad was noted here (I found out about the system at 6:50am on 12/17 and had it tucked away safely by 7:00 pm the same evening). Details in the DEC section above ...

Jack

As John mentioned, I was able to rescue this system - actually before the ad was noted here (I found out about the system at 6:50am on 12/17 and had it tucked away safely by 7:00 pm the same evening). Details in the DEC section above ...

Jack

That's the best way to handle something like this. Gotta move lightning fast!!!

Back