• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The message you have entered is too short... IS NOT

linuxlove

Veteran Member
Was going to make a reply to one of the threads here (The one about the video game crash of '83) and in any editor mode i get "The message you have entered is too short." when it is plenty long enough.

And while we're on the topic of signatures;

"There are no stupid answer, only stupid people", in proper English (apparently not taught in US schools), would read "There is no stupid answer" or "There are no stupid answers".

The forum post area has a spell checking tool.
Was a grammar check tool, an optional extra?
(it probably doesn't matter, nobody uses the spell checker anyway).

Although I haven't looked into it, perhaps there is some JavaScript action going on. Do you have JS enabled, and perhaps you used a buggy web browser that made the script fail to count the number of words and letters?

Using Opera 10.10 1893. Every other message I can reply to fine, but I can't reply to that one thread for some reason. Yes, JavaScript is enabled.

And while we're on the topic of signatures;

"There are no stupid answer, only stupid people", in proper English (apparently not taught in US schools), would read "There is no stupid answer" or "There are no stupid answers".

The forum post area has a spell checking tool.
Was a grammar check tool, an optional extra?
(it probably doesn't matter, nobody uses the spell checker anyway).
Tilting at windmills, Sr. Quixote...

I didn't notice my error when I first wrote it, no need to get mad at me.
I removed it anyway; the signature got too large.

I didn't notice my error when I first wrote it, no need to get mad at me.
I removed it anyway; the signature got too large.
Pshaw; nobody gets mad on this forum. But I wouldn't object if you changed the rest of your sig to something new that it isn't always longer than your post...

Back