• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Like new tandy 1000 HX found

Wildman

Ok, so a friend of mine showed up today hauling a Tandy 1000 HX, still in its original box.

The unit is still white, not touched by the yellowness of age. Also included was a monochrome green Tandy monitor, and an external 5 1/4" drive still in its original box. The unit seems to have an expansion board to knock it up to 640k of memory, the modem board, and a parallel printer board.

A pretty sweet find if I must say.. Something to sit beside my Apple IIGS...
:rockon:

Based on recent eBay sales, I'd say the computer is worth $10 or thereabouts. Dunno about the monitor and external drive, perhaps those two make another $10-15. Frankly I thought a (IIRC tested working) 1000HX in its box would be slightly more attractive to (US) collectors than end at $11 or so.

Sounds like my 1000HX except I stuck another 720K internally.
For some reason the 1000 HX doesn't seem to sell for too much, could be there were a many more made and they sold longer then the PC Jr it was based off of.
You can probably sell the external 5.25" floppy for more then the main unit (if you have the special cable for it), same with the 640K adapter which people love and is hard to find.
Now if you had an internal HD for the HX it would be worth a bunch more then the rest.

When people shell out money for an 808x system they tend to want IBM.

wow, $10?

I got an HX sent to me for XTIDE work, and it's missing the top plastic cover above the expansion port. I would pay $10 just for that piece of plastic, but now perhaps I can get an entire system for it instead!

The last Tandy sold on ebay went for $41.00. Computer, monitor and printer. It was a Tandy 1000 EX.

item # 140372348898

Even a Tandy 1000 keyboard sells for 20 bucks.

I know I would love to get a 1000HX for under 20 dollars, especially with an external 5.25 drive. I got a $10 1000EX not too long ago but never got it to recognize any disks. Replaced the drive, nothing worked. It has been sitting in my trunk for months, which is a shame because it looks fantastic inside and out. I just don't want to trash it.

I've got an EX-HX hybrid, it's the electronics of the EX but the top of the HX, even has a cable modded for the tandy floppy drive, kinda weird it is, came with an external 3.5 inch, special floppy cable and the special printer cable too.

Back