• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for vintage cases

bluethunder

Experienced Member
Default Looking for vintage cases

On the hunt for a old (early 80's) vintage PC case to stuff my main PC/gaming rig into (ATX mainboard).

Preferably looking for non functional units, don't want to ruin a serviceable museum piece.

IBM PC / XT case.
Compaq Portable I / II
IBM 5155 Portable
Compaq Deskpro (1984)
Old corona / cordata PC or portable

I'm located in Canada, so I'd prefer something up here, but it all depends on shipping costs.

Default Looking for vintage cases

On the hunt for a old (early 80's) vintage PC case to stuff my main PC/gaming rig into (ATX mainboard).

Preferably looking for non functional units, don't want to ruin a serviceable museum piece.

IBM PC / XT case.
Compaq Portable I / II
IBM 5155 Portable
Compaq Deskpro (1984)
Old corona / cordata PC or portable

I'm located in Canada, so I'd prefer something up here, but it all depends on shipping costs.

Whereabouts in Canada? I'm in Southern Ontario and though I've never seen the machines you specified in person I'm sure there are some around here...would be happy to keep my eyes open for you and would be willing to do the work associated with shipping it to you.

Thanks for keeping an eye open for me :) Basically, I'm looking for a cool old PC to put my current PC into, so those listed were just examples of some unique machines (large enough for a Full ATX mainboard, and associated goodies).

I'm in located in Calgary.. Been looking around for some good used computer junk stores here, since my favorite junk place closed a couple years ago..

Still looking for these..

Any one have some vintage junk cases, portables or old IBMs?

Been watching fleabay, but apparently these are made of unobtanium, and priced accordingly..

Will pay shipping and $ for your trouble.

I am also seeking this sort of interesting case to put a modern desktop in, but I don't have the heart to do it to a working machine (not that I have any of those). I'm in DE, USA, though, so if someone is closer to me and the shipping is too much for him let me know.

bluethunder, I think we need to pool our resources and find a reliable source in this town for vintage gear.
What sort of cases are ya really looking for? I've got various old clone desktops & towers, some interesting and some less so, also many boxes of various cards, drives, etc.

I won't scrap a PC or XT for the case but I do have a PC/XT expansion unit case; pretty well identical to an XT.

I actually need a handful of AT towers - nothing too big or fancy, but that's another can of worms all together. These, curiously, are actually going to be AT machines.

I'm still looking for a reasonably modern laptop with a bad screen or something to shove into a C64 case, personally.

I have a Pentium 233MX laptop with a dead LCD but everything else working, and I have a bunch of AT machines I am currently taking apart to save space, and throwing away the cases for (don't worry, they are all run-of-the-mill boring clone cases that I'm tossing - anything interesting I keep), but I'm not sure you'll want to source them from me due to the distance.

I actually need a handful of AT towers - nothing too big or fancy, but that's another can of worms all together. These, curiously, are actually going to be AT machines.

I'm still looking for a reasonably modern laptop with a bad screen or something to shove into a C64 case, personally.
Well, it'd be interesting to see what shipping would cost; AT, not ATX, DIN5 keyboard, right? Just scrapped a 2-year old Toshiba LT with a bad screen but might have some Thinkpads.

How many do ya want? I just weighed one and it's about 20 lbs. which costs $37.00 by bus, but 40 lbs only costs $50.00 ($25 ea.)
Might have some lighter ones, but I imagine that's going to be the ballpark.

Yes, we need to do that.. Track down some places to find this old crap..

Plus, maybe a get together and compare some of the vintage gear we have.. Inagural meeting of the Calgary old computers n stuff, club :)

Back