• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for memory...

leeb

Veteran Member
For a Tandy 1500/1800/2800/2810 type notebook... they are 35pin, low profile SIMMS.
They are the same as a panasonic CF-270 for sure, and, I believe they are also compatible with some of the GRID machines...

Hoping for at least 4 simms but ANY GOOD simms would be an improvement!

I dont have alot of money but I am willing to pay a reasonable amount for them!

Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: I just learned today that the 1800 uses a low-profile STANDARD 30-pin, not a 35...
It is LIKELY that the 2800 and 2810 are the same as the 1800... but I still need the 35-pin for the 1500HD if one can be found!

Last edited:
Could you post a picture of what such a module looks like? I have a small box of 'weird' memory modules, including 62 or 68 pin simms and other strange memory, maybe I have some of the modules you're looking for

Could you post a picture of what such a module looks like? I have a small box of 'weird' memory modules, including 62 or 68 pin simms and other strange memory, maybe I have some of the modules you're looking for

Unfortunately I cannot as I dont have one...
It looks like a regular 30-pin SIMM but is actually longer by 5 pins. That can be counted on ONE SIDE, btw.

As far as height is concerned, I BELIEVE the chips would be running along the length of the board end-to-end (usually 3 chips) as opposed to the taller boards that have 8 or 9 chips arranged vertically side-by-side...

Hope that helps! I CAN get a pic of a 30pin SIMM that looks alot like what I need (cause I bought them thinking they were right :blush:) if that will help any.

Simply put, count the pins... there are 35 instead of 30.
And thanks for even responding! :D

Edit:
Heck, IF I COULD FIND SCHEMATICS for these machines, I'd BUILD THE SIMMS myself!!!!:p

Yes, Im 'talented' that way (when I havta be!)

Last edited:
Alright, I'll go count pins then :p
Got a couple small boxes of generic 30p SIMM's laying around but now I know what I'm looking for

Alright, I'll go count pins then :p
Got a couple small boxes of generic 30p SIMM's laying around but now I know what I'm looking for

Thanks EVERSO MUCH!!! ANY help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

[off-topic]
Where in the Netherlands are you? Had the privilege of taking a bicycle tour of Amsterdam when I was in the Navy... was quite beautiful!
[more off-topic]
Do you happen to have a 2(or 3)c87XLT math chip lying around, by chance? the CMOS version for the PLCC mount?
/off-topic

Last edited:
I used to live in Amsterdam but now I live in a large town near Amsterdam.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure I don't have that chip.
I can recommend you register on this forum. If they don't have it, then it don't exist! :p

I checked for the memory you asked for but unfortunately I didn't find any 35 pin SIMM's.

On another note, I did find some 68 pin (yep, thats right) SIMM's which on first glance look exactly like the 8MB EDO SIMM's with the big chips that were all too common in the later 90's.
It's slightly less wide then standard 72 pin memory and theres something along the lines of APPLE VRAM on it.

Thank you for your effort! I doubt I will ever find one, but I will keep looking.
IF I can find a schematic I intend to try building one myself... then WATCH OUT!!

Smoke-test! :D

Um... okay, I'll attempt it after work today.

It is just like a standard 30-pin SIMM slot, but longer.

Standby for attachment! :shock:

I apologize for the focus... I have a POS camera but you can see in 03 that the 30-pin SIMM is not as long as the mount...

Hope these help! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back