• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple IIGS Focus Hard Drive Card

Wow, that is pretty inexpensive. So the IDE Controller and 128 MB flash drive are included for $135 price? So everything I need is there and ready to go and I wont require anything else for it to work right?

Everything is there, it even has GS/OS 6.01 pre-installed.

If I ever get another GS (mine is currently dead), I'd want to get this. Then I'd move my Focus drive over to my //e.

heh, he did specifically asked for Focus...

Lately it seems everything has gone up;
I picked up a loaded IIGS with accelerator and SCSI card 10 years ago for $50.
Then for the longest time prices for that type of gear hangs at around $100/$150 ish.
Now accelerator alone is fetching $200+.

I am just guessing somewhere out there somebody cornered the market for all the Apple II gears...

I think all the Apple II gear has been dumped from the school systems and has been claimed by hoarders or recycled. I have 3 IIgs in my collection (passed on a free local II+ a few years ago) and I paid little for them (one was a free from freecycle a couple years ago). Lots of kids (I didn't) used them in school and now are old enough and bored enough to want to play with one again, and the supply is low so prices go up. I am glad I got my SCSI card years ago, they seem to be pricey these days. Years ago when the school dumping was going on you could get a complete system for a little over the cost of shipping, and shipping was cheap back then before oil went over $40 a barrel. Accelerators for the IIgs were always rare, few systems had them (same with SCSI cards and 8MB RAM cards).

Could be we are in a computer collecting bubble or the start of all of us getting rich hoarding old gear for another 10 years!

I forget the exact error... but it won't boot properly (gives an error code) and on a few websites they say that you can either replace the bad chip, or "pre-heat" it before starting the computer.

How much? :) Oh, and where are you located?

I got em posted on ebay. I posted them on Sunday and already sold 18 of them! I have them posted for $39.95, shipping 12.95. Im in San Diego.

Back