• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vancouver Computer Megasale: Aug. 28

NeXT

Veteran Member
For those local to the BC lower mainland, or anyone who wants to drive to Vancouver for a weekend, The Hackery is overstocked with a ton of older computers and computer accessories. There are piles of Amiga 500's and Atari ST's, cables galore, and enough monitors to sink a battleship.

A nearly complete list of items can be found here

There is also a large quantity of newer Mac/PC items available as well if that tickles your fancy.
The sale starts Saturday, August 28 and runs from 11 AM to 5 PM.

For more information and information on wher to find the sale, please refer to this page.

Sorry, no paypal or shipping. If you want ti, you gotta come pick it up.

Sigh.... why is it that Canada and California tend to have all the cool stuff?

Man, they've got an Atari ST system I'd be happy with, They've the Commodore PC-compatibles I want, and a bunch of misc parts that I could put to use. BAH!

Thanks for making me jealous :)

(though it's probably a good thing I don't live up there... My house is full enough already!)

So, is there any chance of our favorite Canadian member popping over there and taking requests for maybe a handling fee and covering the costs to ship? ;-) although we may just be fighting ya and a bunch of others for the same stuff heh. Very neat find for locals. Any idea what they're asking for this stuff?

Which canadian member might you be referring to? ;)
Unfortunately, I can't really do this if this is what you are implying. The leftovers MIGHT make their way to ebay some day though but I can't confirm nor deny this.

Dang. If it was one month later (Oct 2,) I could have justified heading up there for both that and the Timbers/Whitecaps soccer match... But no way I'm making that drive twice in 33 days.

(sigh) I would've liked to get my hands on that Atari Megafile 30 (no drive) but alas I am in NorCal.
I assume the other bits (ASCI to SCSI/SCSI to RLL) bits and power supply are still in the box?

I wonder what kinds of prices they expect. I was just looking at their web site and they list power supplies and adaptors as starting as low as $15! That's really scary. Let's hope they have a different view of prices for a "garage sale".

$15 will probably get you an Amiga 500. Those high priced power supplies are generally the oddball ones for several different brands of laptops.

I badly want that IBM 5162, but I know shipping it to Norway may be a little more than acceptable in terms of my personal echonomy.

$15 will probably get you an Amiga 500. Those high priced power supplies are generally the oddball ones for several different brands of laptops.

Ah, excellent. Fifteen is indeed a fine price for some power supplies, just a scary starting price. Perhaps these guys are actually honest and not like some who will say $1 and up. Maybe I'll see if I can get a buddy to go for me.

I just called them because I was hoping that they might have an early XT with the 10MB Seagate. I was not able to ascertain what models they actually had, but was informed that the price for an XT system was $250. I didn't ask any further questions because I had to go through someone with a broken cell phone who had to go and ask someone else. Hmm ... $250 isn't exactly a garage sale type price, but I guess it's worth going to have a look if one is in the area.

lol Next, is that starring you by chance? Way nicer selection of vintage gear than I'd expect. Somehow I had it in my head that it was last weekend. Darn, now it's even longer to wait before finding out if it ends up for an international auction ;-)

A friend of mine in Vancouver is going to go for me. However, I don't really want to pay $250 for an XT. Besides I can't afford that. What should I offer them?

$250? Pfft.
I'm sure you can snag an XT for less than that.
Our computers are priced to go. If you don't like the price, I'm sure we can give you an offer you can't refuse.

I have to ask, is that you in that plaid suit doing the promo for this event?

Comparing the video to your ANS pictures, I think I'm right but I just want to be sure :) :p

Back