• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

3.5" floppy and hard drives tested

kb2syd

Veteran Member
For the floppy drives, cover postage plus paypal's vig from Wantage, NJ or come pick some up. I have about 20 more than I'd ever need.

For hard drives, I have from 20Gig down to a couple of hundred meg IDE. $5 each plus shipping. Even found a working 6GB quantum bigfoot (I'm keeping this one just because). Most are in the 1 to 6 gig range. No laptop drives that I want to unload. These are all 3.5".

Also have a couple of SCSI drives. Some 68 pin, some SCA. From 68GB down to 4GB. $7 each for anything less than 20 GB, $10 each for anything above 20 GB. All prices do not include shipping.

Too steep, then make an offer. The hard drives have all been tested and then wiped using DBAN. The floppies have all been tested to at least format a disk and transfer DOS 6.22 (format a: /s/u).

Kelly

Bigfoot drives are pretty awesome, I have a small collection of them - 7 to be precise - all working. :) I wish they'd do something like that with a modern SATA drive to increase storage/price ratio.

If somebody wants a specific SCSI drive variety that you don't have, they can feel free to ask me, I've got a cabinet full but I don't know terribly much about SCSI.

Hmmm, I have a Compaq 160788-201 (the 3-mode) drive--contains a Teac FD235HG. Probably the same bezel and mounting as the -001.)

I'll trade it for a Teac FD235J or FD235HS.

Hmmm, I have a Compaq 160788-201 (the 3-mode) drive--contains a Teac FD235HG. Probably the same bezel and mounting as the -001.)

I'll trade it for a Teac FD235J or FD235HS.

The button is the important part, and the location in relation to the slot. The bezel is included in the computer case.

Compare to this image, of one of the machines of the type that it'd go into:

Edit: I'm looking through my FDDs and I keep finding HG and HF models, but no J or HS yet.

Edit: Yeah I have none of those in my spares.

Last edited:
What I've got here looks like yours, except there's a small recessed area about 2mm deep around the activity LED extending around the wider middle of the disk insertion slot. I have the whole assembly; the 5.25"-wide tray with its mounting "ear" and the drive has a metal shield plate over the ribbon header.

Drop me a line if you find something interesting to trade for it. I have a carton of 235HFs and 505s still unopened, so I don't need any more of those.

Back