• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello guys!

BILL007

Hello!My name is Bill and I am from Greece :)

I own some old pc's -except new-:p

My old pc:
1)An 486 IBM model 70 desktop
2)An Acer MPF-PC/1100 with miniscribe 6085 MFM
3)An IBM L40SX laptop

I am happy to be here.I hope to help each other in difficulties

Welcome to the forums. :)

The IBM L40SX laptop sounds interesting. How much memory does it have? Being a 386 it should be possible to run something really interesting. I just saw a page where someone had Linux on an L40SX with only the standard 2MB, but it looks like a lot of work. He also describes hot to modify a standard 4MB memory module to fit.

Welcome! It's been really great seeing so many new members joining recently. Out of curiosity, how did you hear about the forums? From the choice of icon I assume you are or were an OS/2 fan? Did you run it on those IBMs?

Thanks for the welcome guys!:):):)

@Ole I bought it from ebay before some months and I didn't find time to catch up with.
It has possibly standar 2mb.I will check!Very interesting project that with Debian.Thanks for the link!:)

@bary I found the forum because I am in a way of backup the miniscribe disc of Acer and make pc boot from Compact Flash through IDE adapter.So in my google search I spot it!Soon I will make a thread from all the things I did so far and the progress of the revive project with the CF hdd mod.

I am an OS/2 fan,so thats why I put this avattar.I run OS/2 warp 4 on a newer IBM with PIII on 500Mhz and 384 ram :D

Hello!My name is Bill and I am from Greece :)

I own some old pc's -except new-:p

My old pc:
1)An 486 IBM model 70 desktop
2)An Acer MPF-PC/1100 with miniscribe 6085 MFM
3)An IBM L40SX laptop

I am happy to be here.I hope to help each other in difficulties

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
Bill, great set of machines, the IBM's intrigue me; I see their later construction and like it, the older ones (though i don't own any right now) are built like tanks and I love that as much.

athurart09, yep, right section, but a brand new thread that would be all yours would be better in the Introductions.

Great to have you both aboard, though, I have been here for years and these are a great bunch of people!!

Nathan

Back