• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Whats Your Favorite Computer and Why?

Make mine Amiga!

Make mine Amiga!

I fell in love with the Amiga back in December 1986. In time I had a "trigged out" system with a 68020/25 and a 68881/25 co-processor. I now have an A4000/40 Desktop with Toaster. The case is second-rate but the guts ROCK! I plan on replacing the 8 gig hd with a CF adapter. I learned must of what MS-DOS and Unix do by running AmigaDOS.

A lot of Amiga fans

A lot of Amiga fans

Wow, lots of Amiga fans in the house. I tragically never had an Amiga, but I have played lots of games via emulation and it has damn good graphics, processor, and sound.

I'd say Apple IIGS since that was also the first computer my dad bought for the family. Had fond memories using that comp as a kid esp the games we had. There was Task Force, Man Hunter: New York, Silpheed, Last Ninja, Rastan, and some other games, but the best game I loved to play was Dungeon Master by FTL. Ahhh good times :)

My favourite was/is the Amiga. Also liked the C-64 and VIC-20, which was my first computer. These were all computers I owned over the years.
The most unusual machine I have is an A1060 Sidecar. Basically a PC-XT clone that plugs into the side of an Amiga A1000.

In response to a few comments re the Amiga.

All Amigas could read/write MS-DOS disks after Amiga OS V2.1
All but the A1000 could switch between PAL/NTSC, either by a hardware hack or jumper change (depending on model) or by a software hack (later incorporated in Amiga OS 3.0)
The A3000 could output PAL/NTSC and VGA simultaneously.
The A1200 and A4000 could be switched to a VGA screenmode as desired by the user (some later A500 and A2000 models can do this in a limited way too)

Back