• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Half the damn collection for sale! Need money!

Raven

Veteran Member
I need money. I need it more than I need computers that are mostly on display or boxed. I happen to be in the market for a Viliv S5, if someone (by some miracle) is looking to sell, we could trade, or I could buy after making some sales. Also need to pay car insurance. $300 owed to parents, no income..

Notable Systems:
IBM 5160 - Immaculate condition inside, comes with a compliment of cards, all set up to work. Top of case a bit scratched up, otherwise perfect outisde too. $100+shipping
IBM 5170 (with special HDD controller and HDD, like new (one bit of damage to case, otherwise BRAND new). This machine has it's original box (keylock key, foam inserts for box, plastic backpiece, etc.). I hesitate to part with this, but really need the money, heh. $120+shipping

Up for grabs, make an offer or take the listed price (on items that have one):
-IBM PC/XT keyboard, works, nothing wrong with it (has all keys, etc.)
-Mac Keyboards, various eras.
-Epson Equity I, V20 system w/ CGA.
-Zenith composite CGA monitor, monochrome green, with manual and original cable.
-Apple IIc Monitor (composite, color, brand new, looks unused, I have the original box and foam if desired).
-Monochrome amber monitor, with box, foam, manual, and cables.
-Monochrome white monitor, late '90s/early '00s (will have a long life). Will throw in accompanying Realtek 8-bit ISA mono card for free.
-2x AST-branded 486s, arbitrary mobos inside, you choose the CPU grade from the 486 lineup - no charge for fast/etc. unless it's rare.
-Lots of CPUs, ranging from 808x to Core 2 Duo and everything inbetween (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?23640-Raven-s-CPU-Store).
-Lots of RAM, ranging from Mac SE/30 and 808x (DIP) to DDR1.
-21" CRT, Sony, works just fine.
-Lots of other CRTs, but not as special, ask if you're looking for something.
-Mac Duo Dock IIs (for Powerbook Duos) buy one get one free (unless you don't want a second one, it would cost more shipping)
-Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES, $20 OBO)
-Donkey Kong Country (SNES, $15 OBO)
-Thunder Force II (Genesis, $5)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis, $7)
-Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis, $2)
-Beavis and Butthead (Genesis, $3 [has some black marker on the label, perfectly readable but not mint anymore)
-Starfox (SNES, $10 OBO)
-Mortal Kombat (SNES, $6)
-Intellevision Sports Pack (Skiing, Bowling, NBA Basketball) - $5 for all three
-IBM Terminals - one earlier one later, one is a 3151, don't recall the model of the other. The 3151 takes the RJ cable keyboards, the other takes PS/2.
-Brother Whisperwriter (electronic word processor with monochrome monitor).. This machine is a mix between a computer and a typewriter, it can save documents to floppy disks in DOS format, it has a screen, and being a typewriter it can print of course too. It has plenty of ink - was very lightly used before I got it - has all stickers, etc., but no original box. Worth noting that it doesn't just do word processing, it has several programs. One could modify the leaked DOS source or FreeDOS to run on it, because it is x86 (nonstandard, though), but I don't care to go through the effort.
-An interesting white TV I have with dials for tuning and a handle on the top - would be good for vintage console gaming, i.e., NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.
-A security TV with some odd features, including the ability to turn the screen off independently of the TV so that you can use it to process video (like coax->tv->vcr) without having the screen on wasting power.
-Dell Latitude CP - it's a Pentium MMX laptop, fully functional with two batteries (that both hold a charge well), a docking station (with PCI slots), AC adapter, and several drives (FDD, CDROM, ZIP250) that can go into the multibay. This is a very nice machine but I don't have need of it.. I have a damaged Dell Latitude CPi that I'll throw in for parts (99.9% identical machine, I've already cannibalized parts of it to make the CP perfect).
-Mac SE/30 case/monitor for parts, the board got pwnt by battery leak (monitor and video board are undamaged to the best of my analysis ability).
-Duplicate game consoles I can sell - NES, SNES, Genesis, PlayStation.
-Controllers for just about every console you can think of, so if you need some for something in particular just ask.
-Huge number of expansion cards for just about any kind of machine (save S-100, none of that here) - 8-bit ISA, 16-bit ISA, VESA, PCI, PCMCIA, NuBus, and PDS. The Mac stuff I have is all networking/modem gear as cards go, unless there's something in one of the machines I have here. For PC, for every slot type listed, I have one or more of just about every sort of card ever made.
-An extensive collection of keyboards and mice, if anybody is looking for something specific.
-An entire cabinet of SCSI drives, and an entire cabinet of IDE drives - most of which I'd sell.
-A huge shelf of CDROM drives (including some DVD and some burners).
-A reasonable amount of spare 5.25" and 3.5" floppy drives (no more IBM PS/2 drives left, sold them all).
-Some C64 stuff I can sell, an Okidata printer with the original packaging, an Epyx Fast Load cartridge, CoCoNotes cartridge, and Facemaker cartridge.
-Odyssey 2 that I'll sell, have two game cartridges, system works but keyboard needs some repairs (some is unresponsive). I've already modified it to work without that silly proprietary box, but I'll include it if you want it.
-Full Packard Bell 233Mhz Pentium box with it's original keyboard, mouse, and monitor. It's like new, has all of the stickers on the front of the machine intact, etc. I know the original owner of this, I'm only the second.
-68k Macs (mostly '89 vintage or so, ask if you're looking for a specific model)

Much of this will be on eBay in a few days, but I'm giving you guys first dibs.

If you want pictures or info on anything, ask. To make offers, PM.

Modern Stuff:
See this thread in the off-topic section:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...-my-modern-portable-gear!&p=165552#post165552
Includes a netbook, DS Lite, GP2X and other things!

Last edited:
'tis not that one with the strange stand, might be compatible with said stand, dunno.. That only came in Monochrome, though, afaik. This is the official IIc color monitor. ;D

Pics:

It does have one blemish, paint scraped off in top left of monitor bezel (and more minor in a few other spots) - wouldn't be hard to fix, though.

Last edited:
On ebay, make sure you sell world wide because there are some collectors in France, Italy, the UK, etc who buy it up all the time and pay top dollar.

Yeah I don't care where they buy from, as long as they pay and understand that shipping will be higher.

Got pictures of the IBM AT?

Will get you pictures tomorrow, but if you look at a picture of one that's brand new just out-of-the-box it's almost the same, save the slight damage to the front panel that I mentioned in the PM and I think in the description.

Yeah, shoot. I was hoping it was a color version of the monochrome-with-stand one. I already have that one. (Funny, I always treated it as my "Apple IIc+ Display".

Thanks anyway.

Updated original post with some other items (things that I put up for sale in the past but didn't sell yet).

Yeah, shoot. I was hoping it was a color version of the monochrome-with-stand one. I already have that one. (Funny, I always treated it as my "Apple IIc+ Display".

Thanks anyway.

No such beast existed that I know of. The monitor pictured was the only color monitor Apple sold specifically with the IIc. I still have one of those stands (weighs a ton!), no monitor though.

You wouldn't happen to have any true parity low profile FPM ram (1in high) would you?

you can tell the true parity appart by it usually having 9 identical chips on it instead of 8. Though there are some other configurations they probably wouldn't be low profile.

Need it for a sparcbook im getting... need 2 sticks of 32mb (known to work) its supposed to support 128Mb and maybe 256Mb with proprietary ram though.

I may - what pin configuration though, you didn't specify.. I definitely have low profile DIMMs, I'll check to see if any have nine chips.

I take a vacation from vintages for a while, come back, and Raven's vintage-dieting... :p

I'm sure I've asked you before, but dont believe I got a response (old thread)... What are you looking to get for the Apple IIc monitor with box/inserts?

$80 obo - as I've said with other items, don't be scared of the price. If you think it's too high, make an offer, if not, pay the listed price.

Last edited:
I don't want to interrupt the flow of free commerce here, but let's remember to use the private message system where appropriate.

I don't think that was inappropriate, the price is of interest to anybody.. Please don't go any further with it in public, though, Eddie, mbbrutman has a point.

I don't think that was inappropriate, the price is of interest to anybody.. Please don't go any further with it in public, though, Eddie, mbbrutman has a point.

I didn't target my comment at a specific person - it was just a reminder, nothing else. But given the nature of the thread, the reminder is warranted.

I didn't target my comment at a specific person - it was just a reminder, nothing else. But given the nature of the thread, the reminder is warranted.

Noted...And I apologize. I had not forgot the rules, but I meant to ask in general because it may spark more interest in it from others, as well (Raven has offered that monitor before on a different thread, and I was convinced it would be gone by now, hehe). The 'bo portion of the 'obo', however, will be taken to PM. :cool:

Back