• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Everex 286 award v3.03 bios

Klee

Experienced Member
Has no user defineable settings in the onboard setup . It lists type 1-47 with no way to add a custom set up.

I have a 16 bit ide controller card which does work , its a PINE TECHNOLOGY PT-606E , none of the old IDE hard drives I have match any of the types listed in the setup.

I'm able to use a 89mb seagate by choosing a type with the same number of heads and a smaller sector size which comes up to 65 mb that dos sees and that does work.

Can the bios be updated , flashed , to a newer version that will allow me to have a user defineable setting?:confused:

Conceivably, yes, but it would be a fair amount of work. Why not simply replace the BIOS with one that allows one to define drive parameters?

Alternatively, you can modify one or more of the table entries to reflect what you do have at hand.

Conceivably, yes, but it would be a fair amount of work. Why not simply replace the BIOS with one that allows one to define drive parameters?

Alternatively, you can modify one or more of the table entries to reflect what you do have at hand.

I would like to go with a newer bios , but can I flash the bios on this 286 or would I have to change the bios chip?

I can not modify any of the table entrys at all , it only lets me select types 1-47 .

By "modify", I mean take the existing BIOS binary and edit it and reprogram an EPROM or EPROMs with the result. BIOSes that old don't "flash"--you burn them into a blank EPROM.

Back