• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for anything from "the digital group"

bitfixer

Veteran Member
Hi,
I'm a newcomer to the forums, so hello everyone.
I'm in search of anything from a company called "the digital group". Not to be confused with DEC, they were based in Denver in the mid to late 70s.

My father and I recently pulled one of these from my parents' attic where it had been stored since the early 80s. After some help from compressed air and reading a few manuals, it's up and running except for the keyboard. Fortunately the keyboard is a fairly simple ASCII keyboard type, and is well documented, like many things from that era, so I was able to rig up a PS2-ASCII keyboard converter with a microcontroller, and have some fun playing Galaxie and Kingdom on the DG machine.

In any case, I'm looking for any other digital group items that may be out there. If you have anything and are looking to sell, please let me know! Would like to help these machines see the light of day again. Thanks!

it is indeed - mine does not have the built-in monitor like the "mini bytemaster" pictured on that page.
Not in a position to take a picture of it at the moment - it is back at my parents' house in New Jersey while I am in California. But I will take a few pictures next time I visit back there. It's a massive brown rectangle of a computer, with a formidable heavy case. Gotta love those 70's computers.
I've read through the bytecollector site a few times - the person who runs it seems to be the eminent authority on digital group computers. Unfortunately on the front page he mentions that he is no longer able to pursue the hobby.. I did mail him once but didn't hear back. I hope he decides to return to retrocomputing at some point though.

Back