• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rom-el experience?

Anyone on here with experience using the Rom-el ROM replacement parts from retro innovations?
Which one? I've beta-tested, used and modded the -6540 for various things, but not the Flash versions.

But Jim Brain, the man behind that stuff, is on this list and can no doubt help with any questions.

Thanks, Mike. These are the 5364 and the 53128/256 flash versions. In fact, that's sort of the nature of my question. Using my burner (EMP-20), I'm curious as to whether I should tell it that I'm flashing the chips that these parts are replacing, or that I'm flashing the Atmel part. My burner supports the AT49F001N part, but not the AT49F001AN part. I haven't checked to see what the difference between these two parts are.

Thanks, Mike. These are the 5364 and the 53128/256 flash versions. In fact, that's sort of the nature of my question. Using my burner (EMP-20), I'm curious as to whether I should tell it that I'm flashing the chips that these parts are replacing, or that I'm flashing the Atmel part. My burner supports the AT49F001N part, but not the AT49F001AN part. I haven't checked to see what the difference between these two parts are.
Good question; the parts they're replacing weren't flashable, but the pinout probably won't match the Atmels either.

Jim, where are ya?

Good question; the parts they're replacing weren't flashable, but the pinout probably won't match the Atmels either.

Jim, where are ya?

HERE!

The 49F001N programming should work fine. However, as previously noted, the pinout will need an adapter. The 23256 is easiest. Make a 28->32 adapter and wire up pins 1(28)->3(32) ... 27(28)->29(32) and then 28(28) to 32(32). The remaining pins should be connected to the correct spots on the ROM-el via flying leads.

The 2364 requires more mods. Wiring a 28->24 pin adapter (2364 to 2764) in reverse and then attaching it to the adapter above will work.

Jim

Just what I was looking for. Thanks. Also 8)

The smiley faces can wrongly occur when typing an '8' followed by a ')'. I think Jim was trying to indicate the following wiring modifications:

The first number indicates the 28 pin side and the second indicates the 32 pin side
1 to 3
27 to 29
28 to 32

Jim,
Am I correct?

Back