• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Looking for MS Backoffice 2.0

TNC

Experienced Member
Does anybody know where I can get that? Searched the net, including ebay, but I found nothing, expecially not for reasonable prices. I've got already the version 1.5 but I want wo complete my collection. Additionally I want to make some Tests with it.

I'm looking for the German Version, but an English one is also ok.

If this isn't in the right category, please move. I put it here, because pentiums are considered vintage now. :)

I did a little research in my old MSDN notes. It turns out that BO 2.0 was distributed only to Class III MSDN subscribers (this included all of the database and office productivity software). It was substantially more expensive and I had no use for it.

It turns out that BO 2.0 was distributed only to Class III MSDN subscribers (this included all of the database and office productivity software). It was substantially more expensive and I had no use for it.
That pretty much describes all versions of BackOrifice, which is why ANY version of it is a rare beast indeed.

I'll check my stack 'o stuff in the garage tomorrow (once things warm up a bit) I may have a copy, though I think the one I have is also 1.5

Well 1.5 is pretty easy to find, if you stick to a "software only" bundle. :)
Any news yet?

Anyone remember cDc's Back Orifice? (only vaguely related to the topic, but interesting).

Yeah, back in the day I've heard about it, but I'm too young to get in touch with it (born in May '87).

Anyone remember cDc's Back Orifice? (only vaguely related to the topic, but interesting).

Yes, I remember their site made them sound like the most amazing hackers in the world. I've still got some text files from there archived someplace, and probably a copy of Back Orifice itself. :p

Yeah, back in the day I've heard about it, but I'm too young to get in touch with it (born in May '87).

Bull, I was born '90 and I read about it and used it while it was still developed. xD I did get into computer stuff, technical side of it, at a very young age though, around 8 or 9 years old..

Does anybody know where I can get that?

As for Back Office 2.0 there are digital copies floating about the net, but if you're looking for a "legal" (most MS EULAs prohibit license transference) physical copy then good luck, it wasn't the most popular product on the planet.

Hmmm, I may have to eat my previous words. I just found the BO 2.0 SDK as well as a pre-release of the BO 4.0 Small Business Server. So I probably have it somewhere--oh Diety, that means I'm going to have to look through boxes and boxes of CDs to find it...

This is going to take awhile.

Wow. Would be very great! :) Maybe once I will have a complete Windows 3.51 Collection. :)

I checked, and my copy is indeed 1.5... Place I was working at back then bought a copy of all the M$ server stuff, which never made any sense as we were a Novell Netware 3 place...

I went through several boxes of CDs (beta releases, release condidates, all sorts of stuff). 3 copies of the BO 2.0 SDK, but no BO. I have BO 4.0, but no 3.0 (was there ever one?) or 2.0.

Sorry. Microsoft did some strange things with its developers--giving them the SDK for BO 2.0 without giving them anything to test their code on ranks right up there with the best of them...

Thank you all. I think this will be a LONG search However this is really quite silly supplying the SDK, but not the real program... :(

I had a look through my disks, alas no backoffice. Stupid thing is, I'm pretty sure I once saw one but didn't get it as I had no idea what it was for -_-
Sorry :(

I had a look through my disks, alas no backoffice. Stupid thing is, I'm pretty sure I once saw one but didn't get it as I had no idea what it was for -_-
Sorry :(

later it became "Small Business Server" ;)

I got a set of MSDN SDK and Operating Systems CDs dated April of 1996 with the BackOffice 2.0 SDK Beta and NT 4 Beta... and thats just about it if terms of interesting stuff. I know I had another set from mid 1995 (with a really early NT 4 beta), but I may have returned it to its owner. If anything he might have BackOffice 2.0 laying around somewhere, but don't expect it to surface anytime soon.

Back