• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sun 100

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
I was talking to a chap I know whose an avid collector of "just about anything interesting". However he has the same problem as me (and many of us) in that he's fast running out of space.
Anyway he has a Sun 1 (or model 100) that he's looking for "sensible" offers on. It's probably older than the one in the computer history museum, as it has the orange rather than purple "S" logo on it. It will include a keyboard when he finds it! No disk drives though (and apparently they're a bit strange). No idea if it's working now, although it was when put away & he's too sensible to just plug it in.
It's a low serial number already & apparently the serial numbers had an offset (for 240V ones?)

Here's the link to his photos .....

http://cdmnet.org/~brian/instruments/computer/Sun1/

I'll pass PMs on to him & if they have your email address in he can email you back directly...

It's probably older than the one in the computer history museum, as it has the orange rather than purple "S" logo on it.

I wonder if the CHM one's label is original. The labels were easy enough to pull off and stick on other things. I used to find them on PC from time to time. All the Sun 1 boxes I've run into had the orange logo. Looks like a Sun 2 label but, maybe there was some overlap.

Back