• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II MP3 player card almost ready

vbriel

Experienced Member
mp3s.jpg

This is a project that I had to shelf due to other projects, but it is now almost ready. The card will work on most standard II's IIplus, IIe and IIgs models but there is more testing to be done. The simple BASIC program I wrote for the card will allow you to play MP3's from the root directory of a flash pen drive. There are some limitations such as 8.3 file format and only root directory access but the sound is good and it just great to see an Apple II play MP3's. I hope to update my website with a blog page for it real soon. You can get an early jump on getting one by attending Kansas Fest this July and build your own in a workshop. These will be limited edition versions with the KansasFest logo on the boards. Well, it was one of those projects I did because nobody else has done it yet. It is possible to make adapters or cards for other brands as well, but right now I have to focus on Apple.

I'll try and post video in the near future, let me know what you think.

Vince

Vince,

Very Cool! Who says the Apple II is obsolete when people like you come up with awesome stuff like this!

Dean

Thanks guys, I can't wait for KFest, hope you make it, a week of Apple II fun! I'm going to have extra cards for people at KFest, I'm getting swamped with requests. After KFest I'll see when I can release the standard version to everyone, but I want KFest to have the exclusive with the logo.

If I was that close, there is no way I would miss KFest

In my case it's not so much the distance, as I live in western Oklahoma, but the money and time off from work to attend KFest that is the problem. One of these years I'll make it up there!

We are now taking preorders for the a2mp3 player card. Preorders are for the 1st 50 units. I made the assembled really low so more people could get the assembled units. You can get more info here:

http://www.brielcomputers.com

Back