• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Loaded Amiga 200 w/386SX bridgeboard and lots more!

curtis

Veteran Member
I'm thinking this getting close to the end of my "big iron."

Okay, got pictures taken, write-up done and posted over on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110694539777

Yes, the write-up is long and Yes, there are a LOT of pictures. Wanted to make sure everyone understood everything that was included and its condition.

Opening bid is set at $100 and BIN is $300 and honestly, I feel that's a bargain. Of course, I would!

Curtis

That's a nice setup. I've a feeling that if you parted it out, selling the bridgeboard and Individual Computers stuff separately, you'd see a lot more than $300 out of it.

That's a nice setup. I've a feeling that if you parted it out, selling the bridgeboard and Individual Computers stuff separately, you'd see a lot more than $300 out of it.

Actually, I was over on amiga.org trying to get and idea of whether to part it out or sell it whole and get a feel for pricing.

I mentioned if anyone wanted to make offers to contact me. All I got was vultures trying to part it out by taking the bridgeboard and the Buddha board. And they were low-balling prices.

Got to thinking that if I sold those 2 pieces separately I'd end up with a system that wasn't all the good, so decided to keep it intact.

:) Ebay emailed me about that one, sweet setup! 386 bridgeboards are hard to find and probably worth mid 100's or so on their own, so I think you have a pretty good setup and good price. It's honestly worth the buy just for the board almost but a working 2000 is great for any Amiga collector so you have quite a desirable setup! I only have an 8088 bridgeboard :)

I've a 286 bridgeboard that I've never gotten around to actually using... it's got a sandwiched daughterboard that I've not seen around on the Amiga Hardware Bible and whatnot. One of these days, I need to get around to playing with that...

Now I wonder where my Janus disks are at? :)

BTW, Curtis - anything you might be looking for in trade for the machine? I'd only be interested in the brideboard setup (including the cards/1020), A2320, CF adapter/microdrives, and buddha. I've no need of the case/mobo (although I do only have one rev 6.2 board......)

I've several Amiga items/systems I could offer if you're looking for to trade up (or down as the case may be!)

I would think there are plenty of people who would pay good money for just the 386sx bridgeboard but don't want to spend the extra for the pricey shipping on the A2000 box.

I had the 286 bridgeboard in my A2000 (gave it to a friend) and currently have the XT version installed in the A2000, they are a cheap way of getting files to an Amiga over ethernet (DOS side). A couple years ago bridgeboards (XT/286) were dirt cheap, not sure why they are selling higher now. A2000 prices seem to be going up as well.

That ethernet functionality was exactly the reason I wanted my bridgeboard in the first place. Much easier than using CrossDOS and whatnot, which is what I'd been doing previously. That and I always hated doing parallel port file transfers :)

Wow. 5h left and it's only at 127?! I think there should be a handful of last minute bids at least but dang, that's not even the cost of the bridgeboard alone! For a collector this is one of the best Amiga's for the amiga gaming scene, plus it gives you a 386PC inside which is a pretty sweet deal for any x86 gaming or dev you want to play with all in one package. Hope for the best :)

Final price - $205. Not the $300 I was hoping for, but considering the economy, not too bad.

Nice thing, winning bidder had already paid before I could get a bill sent out!

Back