• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Duke Nukem Forever

Securix

Experienced Member
So this game has been in production for so long, it's practically vintage.

Release date for Europe, Australia, Japan is June 10 and US June 14, 2011.

Who's gonna be first?

Last edited:
I think it's safe at this point to say, I want to see it first. I could be wrong but I swear I remember some preordering ability around 10 years ago. I am some what wanting to own a damn copy just because of the history lol (I mean who wouldn't want the number one vaporware award winner). I'm a little unsure though, I'm not 100% happy buying an already completed game and just giving the money to someone who bought right rights for a few months. Doesn't quite seem fair. I may just wait until it's a budget buy at the used book store and stick it on my shelf that way.

bad thing is, this game was "cool" when we were like 12. I wonder if this is going to be tailored for 12 y/o's or the beer-swilling frat-boy crowd? Or both? I'm probably not going to buy it unless Jesus comes back and gives it a thumbs up.

Duke Nukem Forever' Demo and Trailer Launched Today

June 3, 2011 02:00pm EST
0,1468,i=305047,00.jpg
Updated: Sorry folks, the previous video trailer was removed from YouTube for NSFW-ness (nudity and sexual content). Check out the replacement video below, courtesy of Wired. "Duke Nukem Forever," a game that has taken nearly 15 years to produce, has released a titillating trailer that taps into the most obscene, mammary-loving, chauvinistic instincts that reside (to varying degrees) in all Duke fans.
While retaining the three-breasted alien from previous Duke Nukem games, the trailer adds two lesbian schoolgirls, a jiggly chambermaid, and strippers galore. Needless to say, unless you're a tech journalist or work in an environment of Duke-like men, the trailer (which you can view below), is Not Safe For Work (NSFW).

"Duke Nukem Forever" Trailer: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386356,00.asp

The commercialization has already begun...

Winning bid:US $360.76

$%28KGrHqIOKjYE3QRb,706BN2f%28yu7q%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

Please wait
Image not available

s.gif

Duke Nukem Forever Steel Balls Collector's Item

Get your pair of...
Duke Nukem Forever Steel Balls

These LIMITED EDITION steel balls are a bonafide collector's item!

The item INCLUDES:
* Two steel balls with nuclear graphic embossed in the steel on BOTH balls
*A stand engraved with "Duke Nukem Forever Las Vegas 2.7.11" and the 2K Games graphic and the Gearbox Software graphic (Made in China)

Bid on these balls NOW - What a STEEL!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Steel-Balls-Collectors-Item-/120728533952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1bfb3bc0

Not really sure what the difference between the trailers is but that new one is mostly like the old one. For those wondering, it's pretty much rated R. Even if I do buy the game I imagine I'll end up needing to talk with the wife if she walks in on some of those scenes. It's a lot like a portion I saw of GTA4.

??? The Balls of Steel edition is just the collector edition, it was $80. Did those already come out and sell out for a price like that?

I will skip it. No point so late in the game and nobody to play over the LAN anyway.

I will probably download it just to play 10 minutes worth and forget about it.

If you are a fan of the original Duke Nukem 3D there is a patch out there with hirez textures that makes the game much nicer to play these days.
http://hrp.duke4.net/

*IF* I get it, it will be from a budget shelf somewhere.

I think I'm the only person around that was truly disappointed when they took my Duke Nukem and made him 3D. I didn't care for that game, nor did I care for Doom. Quake was pretty good though.

To this day, I feel that the "beer-swilling, chauvinistic Duke" was a bad direction to take the character... though I fully realize that the platform games I always loved are the way of the dinosaur, and that well, sex sells.

I think I'm the only person around that was truly disappointed when they took my Duke Nukem and made him 3D. I didn't care for that game, nor did I care for Doom. Quake was pretty good though.

I enjoyed 3D since we played it over the LAN with up to 6 guys in the 1990s. That was a lot of fun. It ran fine on AMD upgraded 486s. The map editor was also a lot of fun. :D

Yeah I think the map editor is what made it pretty popular. It was still a newish idea at the time but I know lots of folks who were pretty good at the game and later made maps of their office for office lan parties, etc. Plus it was relatively low resource (at least from what I remember). Part of the era before gaming required GPUs.

Yeah I think the map editor is what made it pretty popular. It was still a newish idea at the time but I know lots of folks who were pretty good at the game and later made maps of their office for office lan parties, etc. Plus it was relatively low resource (at least from what I remember). Part of the era before gaming required GPUs.

Correct. I remember folks trying various VESA drivers, different PCI SVGA cards and BIOS settings to push out more FPS. :D My Pentium 90 had a S3 ViRGE clone card that worked very well with it.

I enjoyed 3D since we played it over the LAN with up to 6 guys in the 1990s. That was a lot of fun. It ran fine on AMD upgraded 486s. The map editor was also a lot of fun. :D

That could be part of my problem with it. I've done LAN gaming maybe twice in my life - and had to drive nearly 2 hours for the privilege as I live in a rural area.. :)

It could also be that I was against Duke3D from the start because of my hatred of Doom. I wanted to like Doom, and I absolutely LOVE the games made from the Wolf3D engine. My problem with Doom was that it was soooo dark. I couldn't see who was attacking me half of the time, and my games were often nothing more than random firing in the dark. Partly this is because my eyes have trouble seeing colors that are very close in the spectrum when they are side-by-side (it takes them several seconds to distinguish that there is indeed two+ colors on-screen)... and this often kills my enjoyment of FPS games even on today's games. With the pixellated graphics of Doom, it made it almost unplayable for me, and my thinking going into Duke3D was that this would simply be more of the same.

Doom had gamma controls so you could brighten the screen for better contrast. Doom, as well as Duke were both great games, imo. I saved a large collection of Wads to disk from the old days. Maybe more will come back online now that Duke is coming back to life.

Quake didn't really do anything for me. Duke 3D blew me away. Guess I like my enemies to be flat sprites rather than polygons!
Just hoping that 'Forever' is worth the wait. Won't be able to cope with the dissapointment.... or might just forget about it and buy Portal 2 ;)

It could also be that I was against Duke3D from the start because of my hatred of Doom.

Doom is very depressing. It always gives me nightmares. Too satanic. Duke 3D is a lot of fun though: just a lot of humor. Quake never really caught on in my LAN group. We skipped that whole phase to continue with Unreal Tournament: brilliant game and ran perfectly on Pentium 3s.

Tribes 1 was one of the better LAN games , kind of like UT but with jet packs and inside/outside fun.

Doom 2 was a great game, nothing like Doom 3 turned out to be (not enough monsters at once because of 3D speeds).

Well, the Wolfenstein/Doom series were about the only games I ever played (outside of the Big 5 games on the early Tandy stuff). Wolfenstein was cool because of the new ID engine. Doom I was pretty interesting, Doom II was the one I really got into and Doom III was CRAP. Talk about super-hyped and then ruining the game.

After that, I gave Quake a try and just couldn't get back into gaming.

Back