• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gateway 2000 4dx2 Bios Update

icecom3

I am looking for the bios update for my gateway 4dx2. I went to the bios maker Phoenix bios, but they no longer support bios updates and forward people to biosagentplus.com. I went there, they scanned my pc, said I needed a bios update, made me make a ticket, but sent me the wrong bios. I am going back and forth with some guy in pakistan and it is annoying me that I cant get this bios.

If anyone has this bios update or knows where I can get it, that would be nice :)

MSD Specs:
Model: Gateway 2000 4dx2-66v, tower
Processor: 486DX
Model Date: 1992-1993
Current BIOS: "ROM BIOS PLUS Ver. 0.10 GJX30-05E"
BIOS DATE: 1/15/88
BIOS Catagory: IBM PC/AT
Bus Type: ISA/AT/Classic Bus

Have you tried using the wayback machine for gateways site, then searching google for the filename of the update your looking for? I just did that a few days ago for IBM Aptiva mwave dolphin soundcard/modem drivers...
http://wayback.archive.org/web/

BTW, just sign up for the wimbios forum and create a post. Ignore their main site LOL.

Last edited:
Just for the record, Archive.org doesn't store downloadable files from certain websites (eg. driver download sites), they just store the webpage for that site as it appeared back then.

The problem with files and Archive.org is the original website probably linked to an FTP site which no longer exists and Archive.org doesn't mirror FTP at all (which was the most popular way to distribute files in the 90's). Driver download sites have a spider.txt file banning Archive.org from archiving them (some other sites do as well).

I created an account on wimsbios and sure enough...some guy on there found it in 6 minutes. [rolling my eyes]
Thank you much for referring them to me.

You very welcome! Glad to hear they had the bios image you were seeking... :thumbsup:

Back